Author Topic: NL Squad  (Read 13173 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NL Squad
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2024, 01:11:18 PM »
Tom Leak signs
I have removed the shell from my racing snail to make it go faster, if anything it's made it more sluggish.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2024, 09:05:35 PM »
I thought for him it might be a similar situation to what happened at Kiddy last year and he may move on to look for regular first-team football elsewhere. I hope he really proves me wrong and ups his game a level to become an important player for us but I'd be a little concerned if he's starting CB come the first game of the season. We definitely looked better with Bozzy and Mills there in those last five games and I can see Leak just being a benchwarmer.

If we all had a list of re-signing announcements we wanted to see the most I could be wrong but I don't think he'd be too near the top of most peoples!

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2024, 10:48:51 PM »
Until he was injured I thought Leak had been, on balance, one of our most consistent players. Perhaps he won't be a starter in the NL, but I think he's more than good enough to be in the squad and, given his age, someone capable of development by the club.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2024, 01:16:44 PM »
Zak Mills signs up for next season

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2024, 01:07:56 PM »
Jordan Richards signs
I have removed the shell from my racing snail to make it go faster, if anything it's made it more sluggish.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2024, 01:35:44 PM »
Yup, all fine and good. Happy with the returning players and I'm glad "the group" has been largely kept intact!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2024, 02:01:56 PM »
That’s a key one for me. Let’s hope for Knowles and Rowe too (though it is a big hope) and then onto recruiting a level of player to keep us up

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2024, 10:22:35 PM »
That’s a key one for me. Let’s hope for Knowles and Rowe too (though it is a big hope) and then onto recruiting a level of player to keep us up

Agree, if we kept both I'd be delighted. I think right now I'd take one and that one would probably be Rowe although out of the two if one was more likely to stay I'd say it would be Knowles.

If there's an announcement tomorrow it'll likely be Lovelace although I hope for the lads sake the club don't give him the big build-up on Twitter like they are doing these more senior players who are re-signing. If it's Nicholson tomorrow and we see some big announcement brewing type Tweets in the future again then that can only really leave Rowe or Knowles.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2024, 09:07:32 AM »
Forest Green have just made another colossal signing in Crozer from Wrexham.

This is the kind of signing we're competing with now and I'm afraid at some point the parade of re-signings needs to stop and we have to progress onto bigger things.

Not panicking yet, still plenty of time, but the sooner we get onto the upgrades the more I'll feel a bit settled about our hopes of avoiding a swift return from whence we came.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2024, 02:17:15 PM »

This is the kind of signing we're competing with now and I'm afraid at some point the parade of re-signings needs to stop and we have to progress onto bigger things.

Not panicking yet, still plenty of time, but the sooner we get onto the upgrades the more I'll feel a bit settled about our hopes of avoiding a swift return from whence we came.

Talking to an old friend who's a Woking supporter, he told me their playing budget last season which was common knowledge was £1.2m on an average gate of 2700, and they finished above the bottom 4 by a couple of points, although he did say they seriously under achieved with the squad they had.

So is £1.2m the benchmark for survival?

BUSA better get some major fund raising initiatives in place if it is........ 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2024, 02:48:38 PM »
It's a good question Andy - I think the National League has plenty of money sloshing around it, but not all of it is spent wisely!

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2024, 09:00:35 PM »
Jake Lovelace signs his first senior contract.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2024, 09:35:51 PM »

Craig is the ultra professional (which isn't a bad thing) so unless the club the player is leaving are all on-board with it I wouldn't expect shed loads of announcements until 30th June when contracts expire....unless we're paying cash again to sign players!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2024, 10:30:49 PM »
Part-time contracts tend to end 31st May, long enough to cover any play offs. Full-time contracts will go through until 30th June

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2024, 07:41:55 AM »
Frankie Maguire signs from Sheffield United.