Author Topic: NL Squad  (Read 13178 times)

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
NL Squad
« on: May 14, 2024, 05:06:03 PM »
It begins, first one to announce they'll be leaving...... Gyasi. Expected but thanks for the memories! Must mean the retained list can't be too far away now!?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NL Squad
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 06:50:06 PM »
Yeah that was an obvious departure. He did improve after his spell with Tamworth I thought, but I still wouldn't have retained him.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 09:45:14 AM »
And the retained list is out https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/squad-update--retained-list-2851152.html

Only 4 players released none of which are a suprise as none started matches towards the end of the season. 3 definitely staying - Hazel, Ward & Bostwick. Great Bostwick is staying, lots of experience and been brilliant. Gregory the big one for me - would love him to stay. Gregory, Rowe and Knowles the 3 a bigger club may have been after. Knowles and Rowe under 24 so another club would have to pay a fee for them which would make them harder for another club to take, Gregory just over 24 so could go on a free. I should think most that get offered terms will stay so only 5 or 6 new players to find.

UNDER CONTRACT
Jacob Hazel

NEW CONTRACT TRIGGERED
Michael Bostwick

CONTRACT OPTION ACTIVATED
Keaton Ward

U24 PLAYERS OFFERED TERMS OF RE-ENGAGEMENT
Dylan Hill
Jimmy Knowles
Tom Leak
Jai Rowe

OFFERS MADE
Cameron Gregory
Jake Lovelace
Zak Mills
Kelsey Mooney
Brad Nicholson
Jordan Richards
Martin Woods

RELEASED
Michael Gyasi
Keziah Martin
Ethan Sephton
Sam Smart

LOAN PLAYERS RETURNING TO PARENT CLUB
Deji Sotona
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:47:11 AM by Lee Newell »

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 09:52:03 AM »
No real surprises. Sounds like ward has the option to take us up on a new deal

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 09:58:03 AM »
Not taking anything away from the brilliant play off performances but we did struggle in a lot of games this season in the league. It’s a huge step up so even if we kept all those players offered contracts I think we would need five or six top quality signings to be competitive in the National League.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 10:01:37 AM »
Not taking anything away from the brilliant play off performances but we did struggle in a lot of games this season in the league. It’s a huge step up so even if we kept all those players offered contracts I think we would need five or six top quality signings to be competitive in the National League.

Yes it's a big step up. Going to need 5 or 6 players that are good National League starting 11 players to come in.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 10:41:42 AM »
Yes, as delighted as we all are by promotion the squad as is will not compete and needs some serious upgrades.

Not surprised by any of the departures, but a bit surprised by a couple we've made offers to...

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 08:56:06 AM »
Going to need a left back, 3 midfielders and a striker.

Byrne left Kidderminister and Sotona transfer listed by Doncaster worth considering.  A Cully favourite Adam Marriott released by Bromley.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 09:10:52 AM by Lee Newell »

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 02:21:11 PM »

Byrne left Kidderminister and Sotona transfer listed by Doncaster worth considering.  A Cully favourite Adam Marriott released by Bromley.

One issue with Byrne is his fitness record.
One comment on the Kidderminster fans forum said that he only played 57 games out of the 102 Kiddy played in his two seasons with them.

And Sotona would certainly need to have the histrionics coached out of him. He showed that side of his game so many times last season, with his antics at Warrington being an embarrassment.

birstallpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 03:33:45 PM »
Mark Beck and Connor Hall still under contract at Solihull but available for transfer.
Beck is 30  - may be a decent target man if still fit and mobile enough.
Hall did well at Chorley and Brackley

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2024, 04:34:37 PM »
Kelsey Mooney gone
I have removed the shell from my racing snail to make it go faster, if anything it's made it more sluggish.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2024, 05:09:29 PM »

One issue with Byrne is his fitness record.
One comment on the Kidderminster fans forum said that he only played 57 games out of the 102 Kiddy played in his two seasons with them.

And Sotona would certainly need to have the histrionics coached out of him. He showed that side of his game so many times last season, with his antics at Warrington being an embarrassment.

Sotona's behaviour at times was cringeworthy, and the weak response of management to him throwing tantrums about taking penalties was disappointing.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024, 12:54:09 PM »
Kelsey Mooney gone
Mooney gone to Accrington Stanley
I have removed the shell from my racing snail to make it go faster, if anything it's made it more sluggish.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2024, 12:55:33 PM »
Good move for him, can't turn down EFL football let alone full time and on a 2yr deal. Would suspect rowe, knowles and gregory will perhaps join him high up the pyramid

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2024, 01:22:55 PM »
I'm a little surprised he's the first to be signed higher up, but good luck to him. He can't turn that down. It does make one fear even more for our attempts to keep the others......