Author Topic: Jordan Burrow  (Read 3216 times)

Snoopyloopy24

• View Profile
Jordan Burrow
« on: May 22, 2023, 02:42:33 PM »
Us at Buxton have signed Burrow from you. Is he any good? And what can he offer?

Also heard Shiels and Wright are also coming to Buxton

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Burrow
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 03:11:18 PM »
Of course they are!

They are Elliott's mates. All good honest solid top 6 players who we will miss. 

They'll do OK but if its promotion you are after forget it, he'll find a way to lose the big games and talk the opposition up to the detriment of your own team. Your biggest asset is the assistant manager, a really good football man who can pick a player.

Play off's almost certainly for Buxton, perhaps that's the height of your clubs ambitions, I don't know, I lost a lot of interest in this league after 13 years of going nowhere and 3 years of Elliott promising plenty and delivering nothing.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 03:50:48 PM »
Shiels the biggest miss for us…you’re lucky to have him!

southender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 10:04:39 PM »
Was really sad to see Shiels, Platt, Burrow and Wright go. All very good performers and difficult to replace. Will be even more difficult to see them playing for other teams but I am sure they will be given a warm welcome back. Good luck to them all.

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 10:20:19 PM »
I really hope this hybrid season works.

We could've had a stable team with a decent keeper to kick the season off. I'm still unsure where all these players are going to come from, or are we going to plan on one month loans for yet another season?