Author Topic: A Decade of Boston United on Endeavour Online  (Read 3108 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
A Decade of Boston United on Endeavour Online
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
Boxing Day will be Boston United's last match of the noughties, and it will also be the last edition of 'The Sports Warmup' on Endeavour Online before the arrival of 2010.

We want to know your highs and lows from your time following the Pilgrims since the turn of the millenium, as well as where you think the club will be in the year 2020!

Post below and we'll read your views out on air at www.endeavouronline.net in our festive show.  We'll also have a pre-match interview with one of the managers, as well as the usual discussion of sports news both national and local.

Tune in on Saturday from 1:15pm.   During the show you can:

Text us on: 07781 480547
or email us at: studio@endeavouronline.net

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Decade of Boston United on Endeavour Online
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
Highs

Promotions fromt he Dr Martens & Conference (although later known stuff ruined it for us)
Last Minute Winner Against Lincoln 05/06
1st game in BSN v Workington
Evans Leaving
Wins at Yeovil and Southport 01/02
The announcement agasint Hyde last day of the 07/08 season

Lows
Relagation At Wrexham
Demotions to BSN then Unibond
Pretty much all of last season

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Lows.
The return of the crook which enabled him and his cronies to propell the club towards extinction.
A personel low was whilst asking searching questions at a fans forum I was subjected to tirade of screaming abuse by him his brother and Mr Chinn, Perhaps I shouldn't have been so touchy as the cheif scout was under the influence of drink. Please don't worry that this is libelous because it's true. All this was in front of some 100 fans and the local press.
Perhaps the lowest was ending a Trust meeting where we had all agreed the club would cease to exist in a matter of days.

Highs.

A couple of days after that meeting a phone call one evening from John Blackwell inviting me to attend a press conference the following morning. I didn't sleep that night thinking I was to attend the announcement of the clubs demise. That conference of course turned out to be David and Neil announcing they were taking over the club. I have never had such a sporting high in my life and after the initial emotion it was days before the stupid grin left my face.

The next decade.

To see the clubs magical business plan succeed with BUFC becoming an essential part of the community in a new ground with facilities that can be used for six days of the week for the good of that community, and of course promotion to at least national conference level.

A very happy Christmas to you all and a wonderful sporting new year.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

This promises to be a very interesting programme.

My only criticism - which is also something I've aimed at Radio Lincolnshire in the past - is the time of day that the broadcast will be taking place. Many supporters may already be enroute to the match, making it problematic to listen in at the same time. Equally the people who remain at home and able to listen in may not necessarily be the ideal target audience.

Will there be an opportunity to download the programme afterwards?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
Highs

The chestnuts takeover
Workington game
Hyde announcement
Evans leaving

Lows

Relegation