Author Topic: OFF TOPIC: Population of Boston  (Read 9194 times)

les

• View Profile
Re: OFF TOPIC: Population of Boston
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 11:18:34 PM »
Like floating voters at elections, football fans vote with their feet on what they believe, rather than the reality.
Given a vote of confidence by achieving promotion, most if not all of the current squad would fair well in the BSqN, but if they moved up as individuals I think serveral would fail.
The standard of football being played in general is of a higher league standard but a few mistakes still cost us points like in the Burscough game

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »
Ed Kandi
Often see exposure in town!It seems the norm for some to spend a penny in public!
Also did that new Traffic Warden get you?Top bloke who is doing the job he is paid for!He is always smiling and reminds me of a character out of Balamorey ;)

Its a bit too cold to splash out in public tonight, could end up with frostbite on your bell-end  :o
Boston's homeless will be suffering tonight.

It was the NCP who got me. Mind you, we were a bit over the time limit.
Best Traffic Warden I know of works the streets of Putney...small black guy who hides in peoples front gardens in bushes trees etc before ticketing the unsuspecting motorist and then sprinting off and disappearing back into the foliage.
He smiles a lot too  ;D

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
As someone who live five miles from Ipswich ground and round the corner from Bobby Robson

Thats a bit more than five miles  :-\

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 12:44:53 AM »

As part of my job I've been to a presentation today where population changes since the 2001 census were discussed. Between 2001 and the present day, official statistics show that, of 400+ local authorities, Boston has the second fastest growing population across the whole of England and Wales. Only Hounslow is expanding at a faster rate.

Boston's population on 30th June 2008 (the most recent data available) was extimated at 61,000, an increase of 4.7% from the 2001 census.

Views?

The top five expanding areas in the country are listed as:

1. Hounslow
2. Boston
3. Southwark
4. Peterborough
5. Crawley

Strangely I happened to notice that a certain person has managed two of these, lived in one of the others and appeared at court in another. But has he ever been to Hounslow?

My view is that the population explosion that is happening across the world should be getting as much, if not more, attention than this global warming stuff.  >:(

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 12:42:48 PM »
Apparently Crusaders RLC are to share with Wrexham next season. Wrexham state: The deal is very important for the future of Wrexham Football Club. The club cannot survive if only 1,800 fans are coming through the gates.

So if a non-league club cannot survive with crowds of only 1,800, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »
They will have a lot bigger running costs than most of the rest of non-league...

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »
I heard recently that Boston is the most obese place in the country

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »
We long ago passed on that dubious honour to Stoke-on-Trent.After that it was somewhere else,last i heard it was Hull.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
If Kingofnaves continues eating like he was seen at THE BURTON Weds night i thick FISHTOFT will soon lay claim to the title.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »
We long ago passed on that dubious honour to Stoke-on-Trent.After that it was somewhere else,last i heard it was Hull.

Its heading back this way then  :o