Author Topic: Nuneaton Town  (Read 17972 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Nuneaton Town
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
Adam  Murray leave now and go and join a club that has ambition not division, Boston UN united is the most negative club ever.
Adam you are waisting your time here, go with my blessing and be successful at a positive club.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »
Last week YC you were calling for a change at the top and in my book today was far worse than last Tuesday as Nuneaton were a poor side which we struggled against all afternoon.
If we are to move up the table we should be brushing sides like today's aside and not being thankful for a late point.
Murray for me doesn't know his best team or formation which is very worrying along with the total lack of width in our play.
We are destined for mid table at best.
As for the improved performance hmmm I couldn't see anything encouraging.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »
Adam  Murray leave now and go and join a club that has ambition not division, Boston UN united is the most negative club ever.
Adam you are waisting your time here, go with my blessing and be successful at a positive club.
.    Chubby the reality of it is the managers recruitment has been poor. Our attacking options are hawley, smith & tshimanga. Waite, Hemings & Rollins are wingers. Midfield chapman, McGuire are defensive midfielders, vinnos central & warren left. Why no real attacking/creative/flair recruited in midfield?? The real baffling part of his signings is all the centre halfs & defenders/defensive midfielders? Hare right back/centre half, Keane centre half/ defensive midfielder,  cowgill centre half, beatson left back/centre half, McGowan centre half, broadhead centre half/defensive midfielder & batchelor centre half only left on own accord. This squad is so unbalanced no wonder we are struggling to break teams down & win games.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »
Waite isn't a winger, and I believe signed for us in the belief he would not be played as a winger. He is a centre forward, yet hasn't played there. He deserves a chance, especially away at Kiddie.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »
Waite isn't a winger, and I believe signed for us in the belief he would not be played as a winger. He is a centre forward, yet hasn't played there. He deserves a chance, especially away at Kiddie.
  I wish the manager would give him a chance at CF Pilgrim especially with Jay returning

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 11:56:14 PM »
Points dropped, never can be classed as a good point, especially at home against an average side ! 

Lets forget the past and who supported who in the bad old times of last season. It was dire towards the latter part of it, and each of us i feel wanted change towards the end. So lets not be wagging the fingers at fellow supporters and name calling, something of which we've seen a lot of recently. We've moved on 'well i hope we did' to this new area of hope and ambition, which in true to form deja vue fashion is sadly not working at this moment in time.  As a supporter i don't accept mediocre consistency, so why should i now all because we have a jolly good old chap who speaks the game well as a manager, but doesn't deliver ? I like Murray, he's a nice chap and all that. But results count. We need to be realistic on which direction we are heading, are we really good enough to turn things around ? Will the manager have the balls to drop his mates ?  I don't think any of us expect to turn up to every game and we then turn teams over with ease. I don't think we expect to see goals galore each week, or even clean sheets all the time. But we as fans do need to be entertained and to be able to leave with the feeling that our boys gave it their all and were competitive and that we had value for money. With far better teams still to play in this league, what level of ambition do we have now compared to the start of the season ? 

Lets remember that not all of us will agree with each other, but abusing each other won't help a single bit. As others have said, we need to just find that United spirit and back all personnel that we have, regardless of how we feel. I know i will even though i am demanding better in the form of results.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:00:45 AM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »

You see it different to me chubby ,  "most negative club ever "  , to me it appears the chairman has given the manager generous backing .
Many of the signings give the impression that David Newton has provided a good budget , for which the fans are not seeing full value  .

Adam demanded a better pitch , thanks to Dan Milgate and the chairman he's got it ,   Sadly the better  teams  come and take the benefit
of the good surface while we mainly play hoofball .

We can all see that three of the higher paid players are not producing ,  now come on Adam sort them out and your job would be far more secure .   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »

You see it different to me chubby ,  "most negative club ever "  , to me it appears the chairman has given the manager generous backing .
Many of the signings give the impression that David Newton has provided a good budget , for which the fans are not seeing full value  .

Adam demanded a better pitch , thanks to Dan Milgate and the chairman he's got it ,   Sadly the better  teams  come and take the benefit
of the good surface while we mainly play hoofball .

We can all see that three of the higher paid players are not producing ,  now come on Adam sort them out and your job would be far more secure .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »
How many coaches did we have in the dugout yesterday plus Bobby in midfield?

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Agree with youngchubby! Whilst I am not happy with the quality of football screaming at the players every time something goes wrong will not help.  There is a reason why these players appear fearful on the ball and treat it as a curse or hot potato.  The players need an environment to feel they can try things and keep the ball of the deck.

There are a couple on the Spayne Road end that shout all the time,  in particular screaming 'move' randomly and swearing at players! I don't know what they think they are achieving by doing this, we all play a part in success, the manager is not solely to blame...we have to accept our part of the blame for poor home form.

I don't rate Chapman but shouting at him every time he moves, sneezes or coughs is terrible...

Attitude and nervousness from the fans transfers to the pitch. These are conference north players not multi millionaires and we must allow them space to be able to play football.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
The difference between this side and Dennis's last side is with the one Dennis left us with we would have lost 1-0 yesterday. I thought yesterday it was a dismal performance by both sides but at least we showed some fight at the end and the heads didn't drop.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »
The only plus I can see between this and last season is that AM keeps off the internet!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »
Agree with youngchubby! Whilst I am not happy with the quality of football screaming at the players every time something goes wrong will not help.  There is a reason why these players appear fearful on the ball and treat it as a curse or hot potato.  The players need an environment to feel they can try things and keep the ball of the deck.

There are a couple on the Spayne Road end that shout all the time,  in particular screaming 'move' randomly and swearing at players! I don't know what they think they are achieving by doing this, we all play a part in success, the manager is not solely to blame...we have to accept our part of the blame for poor home form.

I don't rate Chapman but shouting at him every time he moves, sneezes or coughs is terrible...

Attitude and nervousness from the fans transfers to the pitch. These are conference north players not multi millionaires and we must allow them space to be able to play football.

Spot on. If you do say anything to them you get threatened too, that's always nice when you go to a game of football isn't it!

This club needs and has needed for a while now some stability and a shift in the ethos, we've collectively got to be patient with it. The players and management already know there is pressure on them, let's not add more because as it stands we are unequivocally hindering their progression both as individuals and as a team.

Everyone in the ground yesterday would say it wasn't good enough but let's push them on and get behind them! Who's to say getting rid of this manager and getting in someone else will help? Who's to say the work being put in now is the foundation of something better in the coming weeks, months and years? Nobody knows, it may work or it may not, keep the faith and lets back the team and see where it takes us, if we're in a precarious position later in the season then that's the time to consider change, not now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
The difference between this side and Dennis's last side is with the one Dennis left us with we would have lost 1-0 yesterday. I thought yesterday it was a dismal performance by both sides but at least we showed some fight at the end and the heads didn't drop.

BUFC v Vauxhall Motors  7th match in Greenes first season .

" Und finally got their leveller with 64 SECS of normal time remaining , Newsham cracking the ball home ."

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
The only plus I can see between this and last season is that AM keeps off the internet!

Credit to him for that ,  but a lot are beginning to tire of listening to him sprouting "bullshit " as you call .