Author Topic: Spennymoor  (Read 21035 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:29 PM »
Not a good result at all.  We are still missing a good player up top to be a threat consistently. I am already concerned that this season will echo last season were we won't go up, but we won't go down. Surely we cannot be accepting of that already, we as a club of this stature should be competing in the top half a dozen, to a generous top ten.  Murray is a nice bloke, talks the game well, but he must start to deliver things on the pitch soon at a consistent rate.  This is not being negative, just a fair reflection of where we are currently. Lets hope we get a better result at the weekend !

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
It's a whole new team that's played 5 competitive games... He ain't a miracle worker! It's better than last years dross, I'm still gonna turn up and support them. That's what this team needs!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »
Not much to add to above really ,  result a fair reflection of the difference in class between the two teams .
Interesting comments from Alan White , many Pilgrim fans would endorse his view .
On the plus side we have Gregg Smith back on Saturday ,  a player who's got the gift of lifting his team mates , an attribute not possessed by any of the players on show tonight .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 10:32:01 PM »
Beaten by the better team
no need to say any more
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »
Never going to replace our number 8, best player in the league don't you know, as for game Spennymoor were light years ahead of us in footballing terms, we gave their wingers far too much space that we might as well had played with just two centre backs, huffed and puffed a bit for fifteen minutes in second half but well beaten, no complaints, onwards to FCUM.
                        We Are Boston

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 10:38:06 PM »
Wow! Wasn't at game but keeled over by result. How did this happen? Still think Spennymoor should have defaulted points for not turning up at original fixture but guess League Committee have no backbone to confront them over it. Just wonder how much longer Mr Murray feels he wants to contribute to the footballing side of the business this season.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »
How did this happen?  Simple really, they were a lot better than us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »
It's a whole new team that's played 5 competitive games... He ain't a miracle worker! It's better than last years dross, I'm still gonna turn up and support them. That's what this team needs!

Many teams in this league including Alfreton and Southport started with a whole new team .

The club have delivered a fine pitch to play football on ,  supplied vests to supply information on players performance .  Adam peaches the advantage of extra training ,   I would think Spennymoor don,t have these advantages yet they outclass us .

Better than last years dross ?     
  Last manager left the club after 20 games played and 21 points on the board

Adam  last 20 games played ........21 points won .

To steal a word from Oxo , its the same old identical  crap .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »

I'd echo the statements made last season when fans stated about the previous manager "these are his players, the buck stops with him",  this same quote applies right now. Murray signed one certain midfielder who he quoted as "the best midfielder in the league", again, there can be no escaping this.  As for comparing with last seasons dross, lets see what happens after a dozen games as it is far to soon to claim success or failure but we need improvement, and fast.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:07:39 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:55 PM »
Not a good result at all.  We are still missing a good player up top to be a threat consistently. I am already concerned that this season will echo last season were we won't go up, but we won't go down. Surely we cannot be accepting of that already, we as a club of this stature should be competing in the top half a dozen, to a generous top ten.  Murray is a nice bloke, talks the game well, but he must start to deliver things on the pitch soon at a consistent rate.  This is not being negative, just a fair reflection of where we are currently. Lets hope we get a better result at the weekend !
messi should never play again then ??not seen many defenders smaller than him .I bet if you look at stats vinno made more tackles .passes.headers won than most of the team

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
I will reiterate that this team needs support, none of them are perfect, I don't think Chapman is that great either but I'll back him when he's in the team, people criticising taking off Vince today fair enough that's your view but we needed height in the middle of the pitch. When he made the two subs we looked better. End of. Only conceded two more because we tried to equalise.

It may be that in the last 20 games he's picked up 21 points but 5 of them games are from this season with effectively a new team. Not sure how many players Spennymoor retained from last season but judging by their performance tonight I doubt that was a team made up of pretty much entirely new players? 15 games of your 'stat' were from last where he had the leftovers, just give the bloke some time and give him a chance, I get the feeling people expectations are far too bloody high. This team isn't a team of world beaters destined to win the league straight away, Murray's said as much. I'm just gonna be patient and positive. None of this doom and gloom b*ll*cks.

I'll be there Saturday to support the team, come on Boston!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 11:30:33 PM »
Could have been five nil down at half time.

No better than last season. I think the keeper is ok. Hare can't defend. Bachelor all over the place when the ball is played over the top. And he never looks like scoring when going up for corners. No drive in midfield or composure. Light weight up front. Smith coming back on Saturday but can he keep his head and has he shed a few pounds ?

Not impressed.

TEP

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 08:21:23 AM »
Just watched AM's post match. We had:

'Young team'
'Opposition been together longer than us'

Etc etc etc.......

It's getting boring now. You could wind the clock back to Feb/ March and look at any of his post match from that era. It's just the same stuff all over again

He has dismantled the side of last season and increased the wage bill. Plus paid for money for players. Are we any better? A little bit maybe, but not much in my view

I've said it before and will do so again. His obsession with Chapman is killing us and will cost him his job. He's not mobile enough and I believe a disruptive influence on the pitch

That said, the stuff about a new group, other sides being together longer wears very thin. Many sides at this level have a massive turnover of players every season.. I will give you Salford Alfreton Southport Harrogate and Brackley as examples. All have changed personnel massively over the summer. But they've IMPROVED QUICKLY - so this isn't an excuse in my book any more

It's your team Adam- no one else's!

Discuss
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:24:37 AM by tom and jerry »

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »
I'll just remind everyone what Mr Murray said in pre-season - we will get promoted......

Anything less is therefor a failure - and based upon the evidence so far we are not consistent enough to get anywhere near the play offs never mind winning the league outright.

Such a bold statement to make considering he didn't know how the team would gel together - a lot of excuses but they shouldn't be learning at this level it isn't Sunday league football.  Something else which is concerning is that when we lose it's by 3 or 4 goals - that's not the kind of defence which will win you the league either.

I'm afraid it will be Mid Table for us again lads - We do have some quality but not enough compared to other teams in the league.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
We were way short of the mark.
Most of them put an excellent shift in but just weren't good enough. Couple of moments at 1-0 go in and maybe it's different.
They'll be top 5 easy
Chapman should have went subbed off, not vince. He was a liability last night.
We missed Clifton experience at full back
Why did they bottle the game first team round? Sets a dangerous precedent. They'd have probably beaten us anyhow but very poor.
Reasonable crowd. 6 points is a must over bank holiday