Author Topic: Staylybridge  (Read 10951 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Staylybridge
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »
My Reply to all this is simple back in pre season I said on here many times that we were not looking good only to be shouted down by everyone.
I also posted some weeks into the season that once green realised this then we would panic and get lots of loanees in which he did.
Also said the lack of fight in the squad and desire would be a problem players with no backbone or leaders.
Steve Thompson basically said all this during yesterday's radio commentary and he's seen us twice this season so if you knew your football it's been there for all to see.
Now we need to look forward a new manager will see all these same problems and will want to change things as to not be a failure this will mean getting players in and as some have rightly said 6 or 7 basically major surgery this costs £££s you just can't do it on the cheap it's a huge problem and one th at any new manager will give hard thought to before he takes this job unless he has a huge contacts book and a lot of loyal players that have played previously for him.
In short Dennis did do as good as job as he could however his recruiting in the summer was no where good enough. If it's gonna be this squad till the end of season then just expect more of the same I'm afraid.

Some did agree with your pre-season assessment  sp , admittedly I was not one of them  :(   I pleaded for him to be given more time .    Twenty games has given him a fair crack , as you would hear yesterday from Thommos comments not a single defender appeared to be up to it ,  apart from Thomas maybe cant see anybody to improve things in defence for Tues night .

I think the next appointment will maybe give a clue as to where the budget stands .  A good experienced manager who knows the league will understand what a substantial budget is required for us to get anywhere near the top teams .  I think at the moment with our cautious financial approach the budget will place us in the middle of the table  teams at best .    Would this leave us getting a out of work manager using us a stop gap until a better job turns up .?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Staylybridge
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
Well GHM I do agree with what you wrote in response and if the next manager gives the job careful consideration before taking it on then as you say it will sort of answer the budget question.
My feeling is we will get an experienced manager from a lower level which would mean a lower outlay from the club overall.