Author Topic: Harrogate away  (Read 14917 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate away
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
One side knew what to do in the final third and didn't get ragged at the back.... The other was kind of the opposite. Fairhurst our motm by a mile but lacked quality service. Crossing into the box is all well and good but we can't win headers, then it causes issues at the wrong end too.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
What was the purpose of the friendly matches played pre-season?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 11:14:42 AM »
Good question Artemis. I did mention a few weeks back that DG needs to have his side sorted and playing together at least 3 friendly matches before the start of the season. By the time we get going, it could be too late.

TEP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:38 AM »
Hang on - it's not like we're building on an already good team. We've lost the spine of a very good team and are trying to bed in 15 (or whatever) players. What did people expect? If it was that easy to replace talent like Southwell and Piergianni, and an entirely new team over what is actually a short summer, anyone could be a manager.

That said, if we lose at Darlo, I want everyone fired.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
Pete - no, it's not an easy task. But Dennis Greene is a magician and the public expects him to perform. If he reads this forum then I am willing to come in on a consultation basis to help out though  :)

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »
Like most on Patter we make  make wonderful use of hindsight  ,  why did,nt Greene pick the same line-up for all the pre-season matches ?  That would have given us a match fit team and better organised pattern of play .

Hang on ,    In that case we would have a bench full of players who where not match fit and with no match practice .
                  Then again maybe not ,  by this time all the spare players would have moved on .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »
Oxo have to agree with you another below par performance tonight.
Very dodgy keeping from dibble when he should be installing confidence in our back 4.
Have to agree fairhurst put in a decent shift and deserved something.
We are crying out for a leader amongst the side and if Nat brown is not back real soon we need to be looking for a centre half who dominates and is a bit of an animal in his position.
I'm sure we will be shot down for posting more doom and gloom😄

From what I saw Saturday I think you offer valid observations .   Think Dibble ought to have a coaching session with dad !
As an ex-manager how long would you consider a fair time for a completely new team to gel ?

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
Think Dennis needs to get a new coach in , has Martin Drury left the club ?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
Hang on - it's not like we're building on an already good team. We've lost the spine of a very good team and are trying to bed in 15 (or whatever) players. What did people expect? If it was that easy to replace talent like Southwell and Piergianni, and an entirely new team over what is actually a short summer, anyone could be a manager.

That said, if we lose at Darlo, I want everyone fired.

How dare you come on here and bring common sense. Get off now

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »
Yes ,would like to see a couple more 'big , scary' players in the squad..to give the opposition physical problems .
   Then maybe such players scare the management  :angel:

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 07:34:52 PM »
One side knew what to do in the final third and didn't get ragged at the back.... The other was kind of the opposite. Fairhurst our motm by a mile but lacked quality service. Crossing into the box is all well and good but we can't win headers, then it causes issues at the wrong end too.

Note several were impressed with Fairhurst ,  a real transformation ,  five days ago most the doubters had just about wrote him off .       Lets hope others who are judged not good enough by the doubters prove these people wrong again .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 07:41:58 PM »
GHM - it's so much the players we have - it's those we don't have.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 07:49:24 PM »
GHM - it's so much the players we have - it's those we don't have.

TEP

For example ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 08:22:49 PM »
Commanding and authoritative midfield pairing - and the equivalent in defence. Get those in and I think the rest will fall into place.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »
Commanding and authoritative midfield pairing - and the equivalent in defence. Get those in and I think the rest will fall into place.

TEP

Agreed ,

Greene out !!!!   If only he had gazed into his crystal ball in June and noted that Brown and Clarke were going to be injured
                        he could have signed a couple of players that would have resolved that situation