Author Topic: Dayle McSouthwell...?  (Read 7307 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Dayle McSouthwell...?
« on: May 17, 2016, 10:57:56 PM »
According to hit.com there are several Scottish league clubs interested in Dayle. A move that far north would include a loophole possibly preventing Bufc get to any sort of fee despite Dayle's age. The club's named are Hibs, Hearts, Partick, Motherwell and St Johnstone. I understand the first 2 named would be a good move, but latter 3?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:00:16 PM by The Happy Clapping Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dayle McSouthwell...?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
The club's named are Hibs, Hearts, Partick, Motherwell and St Johnstone. I understand the first 2 named would be a good move, but latter 3?

They are all in the Scottish Premiership... except Hibs. Interesting to know why Hibs are a good move, but Partick, Motherwell and St Johnstone arent, on that basis...

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Dayle leave this article was written nine months ago.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 11:26:41 AM »
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Dayle leave this article was written nine months ago.

The Birmingham/Peterborough article was, however the Scottish clubs one was published only yesterday.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/17/hearts-and-hibernian-make-contact-with-prolific-free-agent-dayle/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
HITC is a website that serves one purpose: to harvest clicks. It's not rocket science: you link as many clubs as you dare to a player, and then watch as the clicks come rolling in from supporters of the alleged suitors and the player's current club. A brief look at the website's other stories reveals an embarrassing number of "In The Know" type articles, none of which have any grounding in reality or fact checking. Have a look through their archives and aside from fluffy listicles, "Twitter reaction" non-stories, you'll find a load of speculative nonsense that history has shown (like their Southwell to Blackburn story) to have been completely made up.

Of course, Southwell is almost certainly on the radar of many clubs, and I would be surprised if he's still here come the end of the summer. But remember that fake news sites like HITC have no more of a clue where he's likely to end up anyone else does.

Don't give them the benefit of your click and wait for an actual journalist to confirm one way or another on an actual newspaper site.

(This is where at 3pm today, Southwell signs for Hibs.... in which case I'm giving you all fair warning I'm not afraid of deleting all this!)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:30:57 PM »
Looks like he has got an England C call up........

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chester-fc-ben-heneghan-named-11352008

that will make it harder to keep him now    .... Well done Dayle deserve your call up , Pidge should have had one too

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
The club's named are Hibs, Hearts, Partick, Motherwell and St Johnstone. I understand the first 2 named would be a good move, but latter 3?

They are all in the Scottish Premiership... except Hibs. Interesting to know why Hibs are a good move, but Partick, Motherwell and St Johnstone arent, on that basis...
nothing more than personal opinion that Hibs are historically a bigger and more succesful club than the others named, despite their current league status. For instance I would consider Newcastle United a better prospect than Burton Albanian, despite the fact they will play at the same level next year. :D
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »

nothing more than personal opinion that Hibs are historically a bigger and more succesful club than the others named, despite their current league status. For instance I would consider Newcastle United a better prospect than Burton Albanian, despite the fact they will play at the same level next year. :D

Burton Albanian.....like it!   ;D
United we stand..................

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
Arn't Aston Vanilla interested?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »
Charlton Arthritic are looking for fit players.
United we stand..................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »
Congratulations to Dayle for being named in the England C squad to play Slovakia U-21s in a fortnight. Well done! Can my statto acquaintance help here? I seem to think the last 2 players from Boston United called up to the England Semi-Pro (or National Game XI as it was called then) were Mark Angel and Simon Weatherstone back in 2002 but I could be wrong. I recall Anthony Elding also had a call up a year later but I think he was at Stevenage Borough at the time?   
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:30:49 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »
Can only think of Dave Adamson Gordon Simmonite Paul Shirtliff and John McKenna

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
There is a page in the Non-League Directory which lists all of the goal scorers for England C. Obviously that's different from caps / appearances, but scorers have included:-

* Dave Adamson (3 goals)
* Neil Grayson (3 goals)
* Anthony Elding (2 goals)
* Simon Weatherstone (2 goals)
* Paul Cavell (1 goal)
* Ken Charlery (1 goal)
* Tim Ryan (1 goal)
* Dave Venables (1 goal)

Not all of the above would have played for England whilst at Boston.

McKenna and Shirtliff definitely did play for England whilst at Boston, and I'm pretty sure Gary Simpson was an England regular for a while as well.