Author Topic: Today  (Read 10502 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
ftp://
What happened at Fylde v BPA ? Abandoned . .

Pitch was a pond after 20 mins
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 09:40:24 PM »
Poor result which is going to make it a hard task to get in the play offs,  yet amazingly, its still not over.  If only the few foul mouth so called fans could show some support rather than going there with one mindset, abuse the manager then we might actually gain some momentum.  Yes, i am aware Den has given as good as he has received on that fans group on facebook. But who wouldn't once under fire of PERSONAL abuse, i know i wouldn't stand for it.  Having him on that group was a massive mistake from the start, it opened him up to any form or criticism and abuse, and there is always the three stooges as i would call them that get that big wooden spoon out to stir things up, before taking a step back and letting it all kick off. So to me,they are equally to blame in all of this as its just not helpful.  Will a change of manager change a thing regarding these abuse issues ?
I personally don't think they will, as these people will always find fault.  Thankfully, i find that 90% of BUFC fans are level headed and reason with issues logically and tactfully. Such as many on here.

The best thing we can do now, is if we cannot sneak into a play off spot by luck, is to rebuild ready for the start of next season and keep the manager away from fans groups, and let him focus solely on his job.  And if these few fans get their way and hound Den out of the job then i shall have to join the local church and get saying a good few prayers for any new manager as boy, they will need them !

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 10:03:20 PM »
Poor result which is going to make it a hard task to get in the play offs,  yet amazingly, its still not over.  If only the few foul mouth so called fans could show some support rather than going there with one mindset, abuse the manager then we might actually gain some momentum.  Yes, i am aware Den has given as good as he has received on that fans group on facebook. But who wouldn't once under fire of PERSONAL abuse, i know i wouldn't stand for it.  Having him on that group was a massive mistake from the start, it opened him up to any form or criticism and abuse, and there is always the three stooges as i would call them that get that big wooden spoon out to stir things up, before taking a step back and letting it all kick off. So to me,they are equally to blame in all of this as its just not helpful.  Will a change of manager change a thing regarding these abuse issues ?
I personally don't think they will, as these people will always find fault.  Thankfully, i find that 90% of BUFC fans are level headed and reason with issues logically and tactfully. Such as many on here.

The best thing we can do now, is if we cannot sneak into a play off spot by luck, is to rebuild ready for the start of next season and keep the manager away from fans groups, and let him focus solely on his job.  And if these few fans get their way and hound Den out of the job then i shall have to join the local church and get saying a good few prayers for any new manager as boy, they will need them !

There's more than a few (including me) with a less than positive view of Dennis currently, there's no "hounding by a few". Reading the 15 or so posts above, there's plenty of sound, reasoned agreement, as to why the club should move forward with a different leader with a different style. I drove home listening to the views of many callers on radio lincolnshire who echo the above comments. The "few" as you call them are fast becoming "the many", and no amount of praying will help Dennis, the next man, or the one after that. Results, performance, teamwork and leadership with responsibility will always win out. 1 win in 8 games will not.

John Bunyan, 1684

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
More than a few! When the majority of the Townend sing "getting sacked in the morning" you are in trouble!!!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 10:15:26 PM »

There's more than a few (including me) with a less than positive view of Dennis currently, there's no "hounding by a few". Reading the 15 or so posts above, there's plenty of sound, reasoned agreement, as to why the club should move forward with a different leader with a different style. I drove home listening to the views of many callers on radio lincolnshire who echo the above comments. The "few" as you call them are fast becoming "the many", and no amount of praying will help Dennis, the next man, or the one after that. Results, performance, teamwork and leadership with responsibility will always win out. 1 win in 8 games will not.

Yet, somehow and something you have omitted not surprisingly, is that these same few fans were hounding him, abusing him or whichever way you would like phrase it, when we was on a good run ! It then obviously got worse and others joined in when the good ship Pilgrim became unsteady thanks to the already lit fuse by these few starting it. These same abusive comments don't just effect the manager, the players also read them and i would suggest that some of the negativity when we were on a good run had some link to our downfall.    Like i say, they have to shoulder some of the blame.   

Do i feel Den can turn things round,  at the moment its in the balance, we are certainly struggling. But the blame cannot be laid solely with him.  Only with supporting everyone can we try and turn things around. Either that, or we wave the white flag and go nowhere.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 10:18:15 PM »
More than a few! When the majority of the Townend sing "getting sacked in the morning" you are in trouble!!!

But who started some of this hatred off a long time ago KON, would you know ?!!  I really fear for our next manager.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
Hatred starting by the manager...knobheads! Then apologises but still blames them when things go wrong!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 11:00:57 PM »
Hatred starting by the manager...knobheads! Then apologises but still blames them when things go wrong!

If you think that the previous abuse dished out prior to him them saying that infamous line should be brushed under the carpet and forgot about then i think you are trying to turn some of the blame away from those that started it ALL off.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 11:27:03 PM »
Without havng a referendum .. I wonder who really instigated the hiring of M Drury ?
 An important question methinks  . .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »
Without havng a referendum .. I wonder who really instigated the hiring of M Drury ?
 An important question methinks  . .

And if he's here initially to the end of the season, as a scout, who can he bring in as the transfer and loan deadlines are already done, surely scouting can't be on the short term menu. So a second important question may be...."what is his real purpose?"

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »
 Scout ..now?  Doesnt hold water ..
    Thought  he was going to coach ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:48:16 PM by father Ted »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 12:11:30 AM »
would like to know what the chief scout does though  :-\

He mainly watches our upcoming opponents - he was at FCUM today.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 05:32:42 AM »
So we have 2 scouts now?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »
I don't usually come on here and have a go at people but, yesterday was poor on several counts. To blame the fans is ridiculous. Players and managers get slated all over the country, ney world on match days when things go wrong, it should flow like water off a ducks back. Yes they don't like it and it probably hurts but, if it affects their performances on match days then they are in the wrong proffesion.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
  Cannot understand any manager getting sucked into social media .  It seems a fair proportion of posters are WUM and the remainder are like us on Patter thinking they are football experts who in reality would be total failures at football management .

Given that none appear to suggest a better option than Greene says it all .

Now I am sure we will get a response from these "critics" with a flood of REALISTIC suggestions for a successor to Greene .