Author Topic: BUSA travel  (Read 4172 times)

gizmo

• View Profile
BUSA travel
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
BUSA are running a coach to Quorn on tuesday night leaving york st at 5.30pm as yet prices to be confirmed.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUSA travel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
 Its not a million miles away .. sure club would appreciate a decent following
    If  wasn't reliant on public transport  I ,d  go  .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »
what time does it get back!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:54:02 PM »

I watched Quorn a few times last season when their fixtures didn't clash with Boston's, and thought I'd offer a few pearls of wisdom for anyone travelling to the game - either by coach or by car.

I'd recommend getting to Loughborough via whichever route you prefer (Grantham-Melton or Newark-A46-Six Hills), and then following Leicester signs out of Loughborough. You'll come to a roundabout (junction with the A6) where Quorn is straight on, and their Farley Way Ground is then a left turn at the traffic lights before you actually enter the main part of the village. You can see the floodlights if you approach from this direction.

If people are looking to grab a bite to eat, then there isn't that much in Quorn itself I'm afraid. There are places to eat - I know of a large eat-in Chinese Restaurant (Chequers) and a pub named the Quorndon Fox, though its meals tend to be a bit pricey and it isn't really a "football shirt" pub. If people are looking for more choice - McDonalds, Fish and Chips, etc. - they'd definitely be better off pulling over in Loughborough.

There is a decent-sized car park at Quorn and a well presented club house inside the ground. There is one end which is terraced and covered, and a covered seating area running part way up one side of the pitch. If you're above 5'4" however you'll be complaining that there isn't enough leg room in that stand. The rest of the ground is open to the elements.

The ex referee Peter Jones lives in Quorn, as does fitness guru Rosemary Conley.

XYU

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »
Here's the covered terrace...

You can just about make out the 6 kids and a drum who make up their barmy army.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:27:52 AM by Ken Fox »

XYU

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »
Well, that didn't work, but you can see the link there. This new fangled computing lark confuses me.

I second Leicester Pilgrim's description of Quorn's ground. Decent car park and clubhouse which should be able to handle 50-100 travelling fans.
If I were coming from Boston I'd take the A607 from Melton Mowbray to the A46, then onto the A6 to teh roundabout near Quorn. But that's just because I don't like the A6006 near Loughborough.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »
Well done to BUSAupdate, in the programme, for the best Quorn joke so far. For those who didn't get a copy.............. "they have the unusual practise of only allowing vegetarians to sit on their bench - the only team to insist on meat free substitutes!"  :D

gizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »
apparently the coach is now leaving at 5.15pm

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »
thanks Gizmo does that mean we will be home 15 mins earlier?