Author Topic: Not good enough  (Read 7531 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not good enough
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
PRE.season we done good against the boys,   but not so good against the men of SPALDING and GAINSBOROUGH.

for god's sake if we have to move garner then put him c/mid.

we don't only want a MILLER, we need a ROSS as well.

I bet your grandad will tell you to add Bore , Timms and Charley Sanders  ;)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
I can't believe i'm saying this but in one respect miele is right againstnthe boys we looked okay against the men we have struggled and tho the result (apart from importantly missing out a decent pay day against Grimsby) is largely irrelevant we were huffing and puffing a bit and that's my concerern. The mix is not quite there yet, but there is still time

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 08:47:38 AM »
Hospital bed !  get well soon Father Ted.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
  Thanks TA  , Think I will get well when the Team start to knock thro a few walls , which could be a long time !!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
It's early days and, as ever at this level, I'm sure our squad (and league position) will look much different in February/March to what we expect now - but I am a bit concerned by the idea of Garner playing up front. At first I thought the stuff in the press was a bit of a joke from all concerned, but it seems to be a permanent switch from the position where he was one of the league's best players last year. It's OK as a 'last 10 minutes' tactic, but really he should be skippering the tram from the back. Truth be told, it seems to have come about at least partly because DG's summer dealings with respect to strikers have not gone to plan.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
+1
Unless Newsh discovers a miracle cure playing anytime in August is at best doubtful, he hasn't even trained properly yet. We will need two forwards one permanent and perhaps one on loan. Our start "on paper" is not easy and if the play offs are  realistic ambition, like all teams we needa decent start

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »
Think we are going to have to be patient for a bit longer   :(