Author Topic: At the game  (Read 7970 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
At the game
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »
Half time United 1 up very hot good game

check the grassy knoll and tthe chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: At the game
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:13:31 PM »
A few snaps from the first half. More later.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
Very enjoyable game today and a decent performance. good to see jay dowie back I think he makes all the difference in midfield and helps us press other teams and win the ball high up the pitch.gledhill looked good in goal. Overall looking promising for new season just need one more striker now.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »
Pleased to see Gledhill in goal, had a very good positive game with a very good back four in the first half. That must be close to the first choice defence plus Reynolds . Meadows was a far better bet than Hall, with more pace and stamina. Mills is really a star man at right back, with so much pace and attacking skills. Agnue didn't look anything against our much stronger team this season. Todays game was good entertainment in blistering conditions for the players. Well done all of them.
 Looking forward to Tuesday night v Gainsborough.

A wallet was found in the red section of Fantasy Island stand and has been handed in if you know anyone who has lost one.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
I thought Agnew was their best player! Defensively, he was brilliant.

Dowie was MotM for me, crucial signing. I'd get Meadows signed up, and give them gametime together on Tuesday. Hall is a good option from the bench, as he can play off the striker as well.  Maybe give Felix a start on the left, too.

Very promising performance, and Garner had 3 or 4 good chances. Nobody had a poor game.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »
I,d go along with Dowie as MotM .

The Chief

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »
Wallet found in Main Stand has been retuned to owner. Many thanks for mentioning in your post.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »
 Agnew was like lampard. Keeper was good. Felix pace was awesome. Garner did what target men should do ie hold it up and lay if off and pose a thereat at corners-did fine and looked lively. Decision making re final ball was his down fall but will improve with time if given the chance-considering Reynolds was great when Greg he cane on.

Southwell played well -Parker (I think) looked pacey.
Couple of tweeks and will be fine(maybe top heavy in defender and midfield).

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »
A few more snaps.

Martin Bunce and Dennis Greene

Carl Piergianni & Dayle Southwell

Matt Gledhill

Jake Hall

Jamie McGhee

Karlton Watson

Scott Garner

Danny Meadows

Conor Marshall

Charley Sanders

Duran Reynolds

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:08:52 PM by Ken Fox »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:42:15 PM »
Some good performances today.
Zak Mills was excellent and Dowie did really well.
Pidge and Duran will be a commanding pairing, although I can't recall seeing them together in any of the four home games.
Thought the black lad who came on late looked ok, should have scored but put it just wide.
Rene Steer was excellent as well IMHO .
How Dennis is going to pick 16 out of that lot is going to be a task.
I'm sure he will get some advice via here :)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »
David Falliaah, that was the lad that dribbled his way through the defence. I was shouting for him to score, that would have been one for youtube!"
Really enjoyed the game, it was hot watching it so how they kept up that pace i have no idea. I'm not going to pick a MOM, everyone of them deserved it.
I'm looking forward to the new season, get the Newsh back to full fitness and scoring and we could be up there, he says with fingers crossed.  ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »
Some good performances today.
Zak Mills was excellent and Dowie did really well.
Pidge and Duran will be a commanding pairing, although I can't recall seeing them together in any of the four home games.
Thought the black lad who came on late looked ok, should have scored but put it just wide.
Rene Steer was excellent as well IMHO .
How Dennis is going to pick 16 out of that lot is going to be a task.
I'm sure he will get some advice via here :)
Pidge and Reynolds are both left-side centre backs, which might be the issue. It'll be interesting if any of Watson, Hollingsworth and Meadows sign before Tuesday night.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
David Falliaah, that was the lad that dribbled his way through the defence. I was shouting for him to score, that would have been one for youtube!"
Really enjoyed the game, it was hot watching it so how they kept up that pace i have no idea. I'm not going to pick a MOM, everyone of them deserved it.
I'm looking forward to the new season, get the Newsh back to full fitness and scoring and we could be up there, he says with fingers crossed.  ;)

Agree it was good entertainment with some good performances and I must say I am much more confident about the new season however it was a worrying sight to see Newsh sat in the stand with an ice pack on his knee after taking part in pre match warm up.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
I do like the look of Watson, big, strong and young. If Scotty (Shearer) Garner  :D is going to play up front, he could be the one to take his place.
Has the keeper signed for us, or is he still playing for a place?

Oscar Wilde

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »

Blimey these Premiership prima donnas are a bit spoilt, aren't they? How on earth can Robbie Stockdale be complaining about our pitch to the Sunderland press? It's probably the best its ever been.

http://www.safc.com/news/reserves-and-academy/2014/july/stockdale-on-boston-draw

The match was played in tropic-like conditions on a pitch that made life difficult for the Black Cats.

Let's hope Sunderland don't get Matlock away in the FA Cup in the depths of winter - that'd be a pitch really worth complaining about!