Author Topic: Today's Referendum  (Read 7948 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Today's Referendum
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure even the council will be able to recognise how utterly worthless and unrepresentative this poll was, and so will treat it with the disdain it deserves. 483 against and 2,502 either in favour or unconcerned.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:29 PM »
Hang on a minute, there's something wrong with the figures. According to Sue Bell, on the Wyberton website: Well done villagers of Wyberton for your support and common sense. 86.25% vote NO to the development. So she's obviously counting the 2,400-odd who didn't vote as against the development. The way she uses figures she'd be an asset to the council!

As with all elections etc, you only count the actual votes, therefore she is correct that the percentage ( of people who voted) are against.

BUFC supporters need to mobilise their support, not try to belittle her efforts
It wasn't an election, it was an attempt to show how Wyberton didn't want the development - but I'd say it (she) failed to do so.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
Steelihat as a point the BBC will take a look at the fact that out of those who voted most was against but they will also look at the fact that over 2500 did not vote (Normally classed as on the fence).
The fact that a local given fund as been asked for on the passing of it by BBC as shown that the BBC so far are not expecting the planning to get Declined. (Last time this happened was the new Asda contribution towards Calton road school).

As Supporters of the project lets just make sure our for comments are a lot more than there No Vote.
Time to get your Wifes,nans,grandads,friends naigbours etc on the comments page. could do with a good 1000 plus comments for

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
I don't see the lack of a vote as sitting on the fence. To me it says "since the council is not obliged to take any notice of this referendum, why should I bother to interrupt my life to go and vote, when the outcome will not damage or inconvenience me. If I felt that it did, I would surely have voted."

Therefore the vast majority are either for, or have no objection to the plan.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-27937955

However, he added: "I can only speculate, but perhaps the majority were happy to take the view of the ones that did vote.

Or maybe they didn't vote, because they thought it was for No votes only? It seemed to be marketed so.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
I don't see the lack of a vote as sitting on the fence. To me it says "since the council is not obliged to take any notice of this referendum, why should I bother to interrupt my life to go and vote, when the outcome will not damage or inconvenience me. If I felt that it did, I would surely have voted."

Therefore the vast majority are either for, or have no objection to the plan.

Yer i guess good point