Author Topic: Sanders to start!  (Read 9357 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanders to start!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
Sanders was also the game changer the week before and earned his start.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
He was the game changer today!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
Sanders was poor today. Garns did a lot better than him up front. Very good point today though. Lewis king looks a great signing.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
There was only one game changer today and that was Connor Marshall impossible to leave him out after that. In truth Den chose the wrong tactics with Charley and Scott up top however with the cabbage patch that is BPA it was understandable. After the break some positional changes and the introduction of Spencer and particularly Connor saw us take over, it was Connor collecting and driving straight at their back four to earn the free kick that was put away beautifully by Rossy. After that we hit the underside of the bar and in all honesty could easily have won the game if the pitch hadn't played its tricks.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »
Reading the posts of those that went it appears we do have a plan B (at last)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »
Decent point against a decent team on a dreadful pitch. It was a frustrating game with the ball just not sitting nicely for either side, they had more shots but their goal was against the run of play as we started brightly 2nd half. Then it was a struggle and we needed a bit of magic from Ross to get level, then we began applying the pressure but a point was probably fair.

But I feel 3 pts were there for the taking today. The front 3 were disappointing but Marshall did well when he came on and Liam Marrs had a really good game, along with the centre-backs. We did stand off their runners though as if they had AIDS and that almost caused us bother but all in all, a decent point.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »
Sanders was poor today. Garns did a lot better than him up front. Very good point today though. Lewis king looks a great signing.

Really ???  well do tell me who set up three clear cut chances in the first half ! Get off the lads back and start supporting him rather than slate him. He seem's to be doing a fair enough job from what i've seen.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
I never went but it sounds like every one did there job.  i have been told KING was outstanding again.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »
I thought he coped well against an aerial threat and on a tricky surface for kicking and dealing with back passes and through balls, he did well. And considering he got absolutely smashed late after 5 minutes by their striker (who could have seen red with some refs if that foul was later on in the game)- he did well. He wasn't so keen on coming for corners so they put everything on the 6 yard line but when he needed to punch, he was convincing enough

I'd probably say our best player was either Marrs or Piergianni

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
Regardless of the most weirdest starting line up I can remember for years it was a great point against to me anyway, the best attacking side we have played all season. Am not sure what SWD would have made of it though sitting on the bench watching a CH playing centre forward in front of him :-\

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
OUR bench was strong with players that can change a game,, and so they did.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
And considering he got absolutely smashed late after 5 minutes by their striker (who could have seen red with some refs if that foul was later on in the game)- he did well.

It was a bad challenge - as well as being late I thought the striker's feet were both off the ground. I've seen red cards given for a lot less. Funnily enough though, the Bradford Park Avenue fan standing next to me saw the incident differently, and was screaming at the referee to book King for play-acting! Not many minutes afterwards the same fan was asked by one of his mates whereabouts Boston was, to which he replied that it was about five miles outside Norwich! He then qualified the response, stating that he knows exactly where Boston is as he's been there!

Regardless of the most weirdest starting line up I can remember for years

I seem to remember one away game where Tommy Taylor put about four left backs on the bench but didn't bother putting one in the starting eleven. It might have been at Burscough, though I'm not 100% sure.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:16:20 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Here's a few snaps for those without Facebook.

Seenbetter

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
If you have to bring a game changer on perhaps its an indication that line up already on is not working properly. Who went on and who came off to make the change.