Author Topic: New Stadium  (Read 20084 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: New Stadium
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
I thought similar beefpilgrim, lazy and serves no help to the current situation.

On that is there an age minimum for completing the form in?  I've a couple of mini pilgrims now, probably get away with the 20 month old but the 5 day old would be pushing it!  ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2013, 11:37:12 AM »
I've a couple of mini pilgrims now, probably get away with the 20 month old but the 5 day old would be pushing it!  ;)

Congratulations. Wondered why you weren't at Bradford.  ;D

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Thanks Ken, would have been a bit of a tough one to get away with!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
There is no mention as to who will own the stadium? Will the football club still be a tenant of the Newton family, rather than a tenant of the Malkinson family?

Whatever happens the new asset that will be the new Football Ground  needs to be a separate legal entity from Boston United FC and ideally incorporated in the balance sheet of a not for profit/mutual community organisation with independent trustees.

Imagine if Evans and Sotnick had got their grubby hands on York Street?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:10:07 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »
Very lazy journalism, it's an article written by someone who really couldn't be bothered to do their home work.

It is also quite a damaging article with many
Inaccuracies.
Who do I contact to tell them so?

I wouldn't bother - they are only interested in making sure they get their facts right about Lincoln City

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »
At the forum Newton mentioned about the stadium being held in a community group and a 199 year lease to the football club at a fraction of the current stadiums rent.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »
Thank you Shauneyg. Did you get that in writing? What fraction of the current rent?   9/10   0r   19/20 ?
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Seenbetter

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »
Why don't you write to Mr Newton SP and ask him those questions then you could post his reply on here for us all to see instead of just trying to stir the sh#t.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
Thank you Shauneyg. Did you get that in writing? What fraction of the current rent?   9/10   0r   19/20 ?

info@thequadrantboston.co.uk

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »

info@thequadrantboston.co.uk

Or pop and see him at a game. I'm sure he would be open to talk about something he has been working on for years.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/
Very lazy journalism, it's an article written by someone who really couldn't be bothered to do their home work.

It is also quite a damaging article with many
Inaccuracies.
Who do I contact to tell them so?

Try here  www.bbc.co.uk/complaints 

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »
I think its a valid point by SP to be honest. We need to know who's hands the club will be in when David Newton finally walks away.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, 11:16:39 AM »
I think its a valid point by SP to be honest. We need to know who's hands the club will be in when David Newton finally walks away.

At a guess I would say Neil Kempsters as he is David's "right-hand man" and also the BUFC supporter of the two!!   But I may be wrong - the wife says I usually am.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »
Help design new United stadium
Boston United are holding a ‘stadium design workshop’ on Wednesday evening in The Pilgrim Lounge.

WE WANT YOUR VIEWS so please come along and view the plans for the new stadium, which is planned to be built at The Quadrant.

The architects for the new stadium will be present to explain the rationale behind the stadium design, alongside the directors of Boston United. Chairman David Newton told bufc.co.uk: "Only by working together can we build a new home for Boston United that will meet everyone’s needs and aspirations.

"We hope as many supporters as possible will join us in what will be a real ‘hands on’ event. Supporters will get the opportunity to get a pen out, scribble on our plans and drawings and suggest any changes that they think should be made to ensure that we deliver a great fans experience at the new stadium."
The workshop starts at 7.00pm.
For further details on the development at The Quadrant, please visit www.thequadrantboston.co.uk.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »

Why? I wonder how many fans of any football clubs will know who there owners will be in 5 years time. As fans all we can hope is that it is some one who will run the club in a sustainable manner. Mr Newton is a very shrewd business man but I doubt even he knows what or who will be around to run the club in 5 years.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR