Author Topic: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....  (Read 19219 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
Exactly when will the Lad learn. What a great chance for him to succeed at a good club like bufc. He has had lots of clubs and rarely stays anywhere long so I think DG is doing what is right for the club and team. No one is bigger than the club. We must move on and support Lewis king now.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
Sorry 007 but was NOT a penalty. As seen by me and a LOT of folks around me King clearly got to the ball first and punched it away. He didn't have to foul the player cos the ball went first. As for their player getting the second yellow and walking, what a plonker. The ref clearly told the two players by the ball to wait for the whistle to proceed. The ref was running towards the box to take up position but the ball got there first. All that complaining by there players was silly, there player committed football suicide. Good job they lost two players though otherwise we could have drawn or even lost the game. Not our best performance, hopefully they were saving themselves for Tuesday at Gainsboro.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
I had the displeasure of sitting in the stand today behind 3 of the most obnoxious individuals I think I've ever had the displeasure of being placed near at a game in 35 years.

They spent the whole game loudly swearing ('you facking cant' being a particular favorite) and trying to get a reaction from the visitors bench, which they succeeded in doing later on to Frank Sinclair's shame.........it really was behavior I'd expect at Stamford Bridge or Upton Park, not York St.

The stewards did say something later on and I made a point of telling them what a pain they'd been only to be told......

THEY WERE FRIENDS OF THE MANAGER..........

Now before anyone comes over all pious and reminds me of my past let me say I've never tried to start a fight and offer the opposition manager outside, nor have I barked the language out these people were coming out with with women and kids about.  Frankly it was appalling and it ruined the game for me.........just before it all kicked off the bloke who sits with me made a point about what a pain they were and how they were up for trouble, within 2 minutes they were screaming all manner of abuse at the visitors bench and offering Sinclair out.

I made a point of telling JB and he said he'd see what the stewards said, my advice to DG is be careful who you bring to the game, it reflects on you........

Good honest 2nd half showing today, I heard DG say he thought CB didn't get the rub today, but if you set out to time waste you ave to accept the consequences.........it took a brave ref to make those decisions today, I thought he did well. Neither player can have any argument with the dismissals. 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
Thought it was one of the worst refs this season and by god we have had some dross, blew his whistle for everything ruining the game for both sides, penalty was ridiculous keeper clearly punched the ball away and the player went over him, interesting to see keeper make a great effort to save it and didn't just watch it go in like Timms. The first sending off was ridiculous okay the lad took it before the whistle was blown but the ball went straight into our keepers arms so why not play on, in sending the lad off it meant they had another attempt at it. The next sending off was even worse Ricky went down in a fair challenge and the ref put his arms behind his back to indicate no foul however the linesman flagged for a foul and he changed his mind giving the free kick and sending the lad off, no wonder their bench went loopy. With such a pathetic refereeing display it was difficult to judge the match as a whole but I think we created the better chances and could have won much more comfortably 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »
1st red card;

The lad had been booked for time wasting and the ref CLEARLY said 'don't take it until I whistle'.........he did take it before the whistle hoping to run a few more seconds down and was rightly shown a second yellow.

2nd Red

I didn't think it was a foul, more a coming together which the linesman gave. The no 5 proceeded to give him a mouthful and got a 2nd yellow for dissent.

If we'd had two lads sent off for what those two saw red for we'd be livid and rightly so.

As for the penalty, what was King doing there in the 1st place?

The assessor said he gave the ref a decision to make by running out, there was no need for him to do so.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:25 PM »
Whilst the Ref was a little whistle happy, he made all the players aware who was in charge. I was sitting close to the penalty decision, and whilst I thought it was a little iffy the Ref called it and the players have to accept that. It seemed to me that King got his booking for arguing. Surely that should have warned the others not to argue.
The first Red was a nailed on certainty, as the player knew he had had one yellow, and thought he could take the mickey as the Ref would not book him again. Got that wrong and duly walked. Made a bad tempered exit wasting as much time as possible going off.
The second Red I got the impression was also for dissent, but I called it a Red as Ricky was the last player, so obviously his attitude and language did him no favors so he walked. Without their histrionics they would have ended up with one or three points.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
Forgetting the game the club and all the fans should be praised for the wonderful minutes silence remembering our fallen heroes also all the smashing young people representing the various services who provided a first class guard of honour as the teams came on to pitch. They truly represented the young people of Boston in a magnificent way.   

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
firstly, the new keeper looked good and strong and have better distribution all round than ash so i would personally now stick with him.  as for the bench saga NF,  sinclair was a pain in the butt right from the off and as always when he comes to york street only has himself to blame for any ongoings with members of the crowd. you might point out certain abuse from a few ( which if right, is bad if your statement of the language is correct) , but all around the stadium i heard abuse shouted in the direction of their bench and more so at sinclair so are we , all 1,000 of us to blame too ?  or would you prefer us to shout out " jolly good show, old chap "  ::)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:33 PM »
I'm no prude but those three were bang out of order and looking for trouble from the off, I know Sinclair is a bit of a loose cannon but no one should have to take the abuse they were hurling in his direction.

Dave Newton's stated he wants a family atmosphere at York St and wants to create a community club, they were a throw back to the bad old days of the Evans clan knukle draggers who were made very welcome by the old regime.

What do you want on a Saturday?

A pleasant atmosphere where its safe to take the kids, or any old idiot turning up and swearing and behaving like a cretin?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »
I'm no prude but those three were bang out of order and looking for trouble from the off, I know Sinclair is a bit of a loose cannon but no one should have to take the abuse they were hurling in his direction.

Dave Newton's stated he wants a family atmosphere at York St and wants to create a community club, they were a throw back to the bad old days of the Evans clan knukle draggers who were made very welcome by the old regime.

What do you want on a Saturday?

A pleasant atmosphere where its safe to take the kids, or any old idiot turning up and swearing and behaving like a cretin?
Plenty of swearing idiots near me N40 ;D

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »
The idiots (and it was a couple of them from where I was sat), were stood up swearing and shouting abuse at Sinclair.  From the look on their faces if they could have got onto the pitch they would have done.  It was uncalled for and although Sinclair didnt help the situation their behaviour can only be described as loutish and juvenile and it was more than just banter. 
However, as far as I know an official complaint is to be made to Boston United.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:37:51 AM by Artemis »

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 06:18:51 AM »
The ref was correct with both sendings off and also with penalty.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 07:05:02 AM »
maybe D.N. hopes  the TIMMS  saga carrys on its keeping our gates up with us wondering will he play or not.
pluss with SINCLARE comeing helped a little.
a good 3 points for sure, the football I am sorry was poor for sure.
with all the peddigrees around him  MILLER  (whippet x rottweiller) is still the moor exciting player for me.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:27 AM »
Going by timms twitter i don't think you will see him back

Pilgrims007

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
Timms has done nothing wrong I think he was just showing why he wasn't there nothing more. Roll on Tuesday now big game.