Author Topic: Todays Game  (Read 6842 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays Game
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:49 AM »
Following the overnight deluge, is it likely the game will be called off due to waterlogging? :(

milo1972

• View Profile
Re: Todays Game
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
The pitch should be able to cope with the heavy rain that we have had. Should brighten up later and become drier.

#upthepilgrims

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
Great conditions for football.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
Following the overnight deluge, is it likely the game will be called off due to waterlogging? :(

Bring a few sand bags with you just in case Ernie .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »
 No Mills to day ?
   Still crocked ?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
Match time with the res today according to his twitter

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »
Fully deserved 3 points today, looked very good for much of the 2nd half, could have easily been more then 2 goals.

Felt more of a feel good factor around the ground today!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
Leamington were ok for 30 minutes and then got forced back and started to play deeper and deeper. You could tell a goal was coming.

Two well taken goals. Would have been nice to have had a couple more but can't really complain about that. Would rather be in our position than that of Gainsborough.

Only complaint today could be aimed at our corners. I think the team need to work on them as they were very predictable.

There was a guy on here called 'naughtyforties' a few weeks ago saying that the Club's/Manager's recruitment process this year has been a shambles. I appreciate it is only early days but I disagree with his view. Particularly impressed with Miller - great hunger and desire. It seems the manager we have knows how to get the best out of him. And playing Marshall in a midfield role is also working well.

D

ps. Leamington number 9 was shocking.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
No Mills to day ?
   Still crocked ?

No place for Mills in the team while the present eleven maintain their form.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
Fantastic performance from the lads today against a poor side, who on that performance will finish bottom half. This pleases me even more as these are the type of sides we have struggled against in previous seasons. Greene has done a fantastic job in identifying the weaknesses in the squad, no commanding keeper, back four or holding midfielder and gone out and got these players in on a tight budget also showing his management skills converting Marshall into a fantastic holding midfielder.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »
Only my second game this season and very impressed! A confident keeper and a solid defence with a team full of energy! One place in my opinion could be strengthen but its not fair to name it! Really pleased to see Connor Marshall getting MOM again!

Pilgrims007

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »
No Mills to day ?
   Still crocked ?
Find it quite strange how he went with the reserves and didnt play? i hope we can get rid of him and bring another player in, never have liked that fella even my friends who are lincoln fans didnt like him. Miller was excellent again today and i thort Ian Ross was back to his best today realy hope we can keep this up and can get something from mondays game, i feel realy positive about this team hope we can keep all our players. we could have won 4 or 5 today

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 08:27:42 PM »
 SO Heddie top
 Any one remember that night away DocMartens game where Eldino scored a flyer ? and both keepers got sent off  ?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
I went that night FT.......a surreal game, didn't we win 5-2 or 5-3?

On a Monday too.

Always got the feeling if they got things right Hednesford could be a very tidy little club with the set up they had back then.

I remember talking to Trevor Quow that night after the game and getting the impression from him of what a nasty piece of work The Phatwah was........I don't think he was at the club many more games.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Apparent drink problem!