Author Topic: Today  (Read 12938 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
  Well DN HAS  to splash the cash  on a defence and keeper..no more trying cheap fixes .
     Else .with a new ground looking unaffordable .. the club could grind to a halt in a year or so
        Its happened to others ..

We did splash the cash a few seasons ago .             That,s what got us to where we are now .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:27 PM »
I have never known a keeper and his defence so bloody quiet.... They stood looking at each other for someone to take the initiative and clear the ball,sadly no one did and we were very quickly two down...... Need a keeper with a strong voice to organise and a centre half who can be heard too....

Hope DG has some good signings in the summer otherwise we will be served more of the same next season....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »
For next term  , , not 5 League seasons and before ..

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »
Listening to DG et al down the pub plans are well in hand! C'mon you pilgrims's :dan

You must be in a different pub  :dan

Yep, the boss and team are staying local and talking tactics 8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 08:28:30 PM »
Lets hope DG can deliver the signings we need to at least show progression and challenge the play offs. Plenty of decent players available from trinity and other clubs at our level.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 09:05:11 PM »
Might take a few singing-on forms with him to Gainsborough on Tues night !!!!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
Might take a few singing-on forms with him to Gainsborough on Tues night !!!!!!

They might regret making the game the final game of the season.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:31 PM »
Can we afford the wages the guys have been getting at Tinpot?

And tell him fecking Yeates isn't welcome back.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »
Listening to DG et al down the pub plans are well in hand! C'mon you pilgrims's :dan

You must be in a different pub  :dan

Yep, the boss and team are staying local and talking tactics 8)

They've checked in and on the lash! 8)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:10:53 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
We probably can't match what they are getting paid there but surely can offer them a fair wage for this level and the chance to play for a bigger and better club than trinity?? Or will all the players stay loyal to trinity???

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »
Whats this fascination with Trinity players, with the budget they had they are bigger loosers than us this season and apart from their keeper they can keep them. I am fortunate to have been to most away matches and one stand out player was last weeks centre half at Histon who our manager must know and who would be a great signing in my opinion, there is also a full back who has played with us before and living in the Sleaford area who would also be an asset, I will leave it with you who this is but he left a few years ago to go to Worcester.
I have to disagree with some on here regarding Connor Marshall I really don't think he is up to the standard we need and Gary Silk with all the ball he had in space today again showed he does not have the energy or guile.
Again these are my opinions and it is healthy we all have our own and are able to express them on here.   

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
Glad this seasons over, one to forget.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:43 AM »
Glad this seasons over, one to forget.

Agree with that, worst season since the first in Conf North and that was only worse because of the cloud of going bust hanging over for most of it. Even the relegation threatened season from the Unibond was better than this.

As for next season, well jury is out on the manager. Wasn't keen on him when he applied, has been around alot of clubs, the managerial equivalent of a journeyman? He's had moderate success at a couple (Hemel and Windsor), the only real success is at St Neots where he had 2 promotions but on a budget rumoured to be in excess of teams at this level whils playing in the UCL/Evo South 1.

Happened to Listen to his interview on the radio after the game, liked the fact he said he was looking to bring in 7 players, and not just squad players he said they'd all be first 11. Didn't like the fact he said next season a 7th/8th place finish would be a success. That would be as big a failure as this season imo. I get he was trying to play it down but he needs positivity and he needs to convey that to the players. He should be saying we want to win it next year, not well if we flirt with the play-offs that'll be good. Seemed like he was getting his excuses in early.

Of last seasons squad I would have liked to have seen the following stay:

• Connor Marshall - been very steady in a dreadful defence. Has good distribution and has matured physically this season.
  • Paul Lister - in the games I have seen has been head and shoulders above any of our other cb's. Has pace and again can pick a pass not just leather it out the ground like the other 3.
  • Milnes - Has been steady but could be much better. In away games at Gainsborough and Guiseley looked much better than in most other games. The common denominator - no Ross.
  • Newsham - His goal scored in a bottom 6/7 team is outstanding.
  • Fairclough. Great pace and improved beyond recognition from the player that arrived here. Also now chipping in with goals.
  • SWD. 14 isn't a bad return. Probably misses too many still and lacks pace (as does Newsham) but worth another go (a bit like N40's this is probably heart over head).

I'd bin the rest. I guess there's some controversials in there.

• Ross has had his chance, been a passenger for most of this season and only started playing since Greene came in. Think this is Greene's most risky signing.
  • Mills hasn't shown anything like the quality I saw from him when he played for Telford/Worcester.
  • Stainsfield, can't for the life of me think why he has been offered. No pace, distribution is dreadful (he punted a free kick out for a throw in yesterday for example). Is a 100% player which people like, but isn't good enough for this standard. Same can be said for Watt and Ward.
  • Haystead, has made too many mistakes. GK's get blamed for too much and Haystead has took a lot off our fans some of which has ben unjustified. But he has been too error prone and needs to move on.

Needs? GK, 2 centre backs, left back, centre mid - a ball winner, another winger, a centre forward with pace. We'd then need a couple more for cover, along with Reed, Sanders and possibly Field (although he has said he doesn't want to be a bench warmer) - as I think these 3 can improve enough to make first team players but need to be eased in.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Good post Woad, we need some leaders in the side and Haystead for me does not add any leadership.What we would have done for a Alan White character this season, yep I know its been said many many times!

For me our Strikers are too comfortable and need to be pushed by another striker.Paul lister just sat to the side of us could not understand why he was not playing unless injured ,but  yes I know Greene has been giving other players a chance.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:07:40 AM by BosLeake »

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »
, there is also a full back who has played with us before and living in the Sleaford area who would also be an asset, I will leave it with you who this is but he left a few years ago to go to Worcester.

Ryan Clarke would join us in a heart beat, I'm sure about that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:26:34 AM by porl99 »