Author Topic: How can we really...  (Read 15492 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: How can we really...
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
It's really hard for some fans in these difficult times, we know that. I'd love some show support for the efforts by the club. D Newton has given his best in terms of effort to turn things around and I'll repay that best I can. I just hope we don't have huge numbers staying away in protest (the fickle fan) and it would be great to hit four figure attendances by season end!  8) some snow still across the country but it's actually not far from the season end!  8) The latest signing shows further commitment to progress.  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:20:24 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
Totally agree MLF
Happy Easter  :bunny to all

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »
We used to have a child's season ticket (under 10?) for £10 and used to include a personlised birthday card, but I understand this was nearly  discontinued due to lack of interest?!

LCB will tell you better as I remember his old boy having / has one.

It's not widely advertised though, if this is still going it should be pushed as any football mad kid loves having a season ticket - a good habit to get them into!!

He has a season ticket, not sure how much we paid. He used to be £10 a year alongside my ticket.  Annoyingly I think they'll drop the scheme next year, and I'm fairly certain kids in the mini pilgrim scheme used to get a kit on their 10th birthday.  He'll have been a season ticket holder since birth and will fall short of the kit by a year.

Relaunching this or a similar scheme would be a start - getting the next generation hooked at an early age is a must.

If I look at the five or six people I used to come to football with when I was 13/14 only two others still go and not regularly due to moving away, loosing interest, having a family.

We need to keep getting new people through the gates and hoping a few more get the bug

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »
It's really hard for some fans in these difficult times, we know that. I'd love some show support for the efforts by the club. D Newton has given his best in terms of effort to turn things around and I'll repay that best I can. I just hope we don't have huge numbers staying away in protest (the fickle fan) and it would be great to hit four figure attendances by season end!  8) some snow still across the country but it's actually not far from the season end!  8) The latest signing shows further commitment to progress.  :)

It's actually quite ironic that if Drury had stayed and lets assume we lost a couple more as opposed to winning the three on the bounce, I am convinced that the crowds, certainly for the last couple of games would have easily topped 1000 if only to support the lads in their  hour of need and all that!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »
We used to have a child's season ticket (under 10?) for £10 and used to include a personlised birthday card, but I understand this was nearly  discontinued due to lack of interest?!

It's not widely advertised though, if this is still going it should be pushed as any football mad kid loves having a season ticket - a good habit to get them into!!

He has a season ticket, not sure how much we paid. He used to be £10 a year alongside my ticket.  Annoyingly I think they'll drop the scheme next year, and I'm fairly certain kids in the mini pilgrim scheme used to get a kit on their 10th birthday.  He'll have been a season ticket holder since birth and will fall short of the kit by a year.

Relaunching this or a similar scheme would be a start - getting the next generation hooked at an early age is a must.

If I look at the five or six people I used to come to football with when I was 13/14 only two others still go and not regularly due to moving away, loosing interest, having a family.

We need to keep getting new people through the gates and hoping a few more get the bug

We also need a bug to get.  Build it and they will come.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »

We also need a bug to get.  Build it and they will come.

True unfortunately games and atmospheres like the playoffs against Guiseley are few and far between nowadays

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
851 today wasn't too bad considering the conditions meant that a lot of fans couldn't make it.
I know of one elderly BUFC fan who didn't make it through this cold winter 
It should have been 852  :'(

I'm elderly!  ;)

853 if you had got there MLF  8)

If you can't make it to the Bishop's Stortford game MLF I will pay your entrance fee and click the turnstile for you   8)
I was going to do it in remembrance of my old pal who died of pneumonia recently, so an extra ghostly click of the turnstile won't break the bank  :dan
Not sure if my plan is strictly above board...most importantly it would complicate matters with Ken's prediction league, but it could also be declared illegal by the officials of BUFC and the turnstile monitors of HMRC   :o  maybe Chalker or somebody in the know can post on here before Monday?  :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/price-freeze-confirmed-for-new-920913.html

1 yr to go, trouble is, by then he might want a signed black n white striped one  >:(
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 06:59:57 AM »
Maxross has it right with regards to getting in the kids.

It is an area that needs to be looked at -  lots of good examples of promotion.

What advertising does the club do for matches, we all remember the posters in every chippie in town!

What school /  community links are there? Do club officials and players go into schools etc? Not easy with part time players but possible. Doesn't have to be just about playing can look at all aspects - team building, leadership, motivation etc. Most schools would welcome outside speakers to look at these areas.

Are the local immigrant population at all interested in attending? Has any market research been done on this?

A local club here in Dubai gave away a Ferrari to one lucky ticket holder - the crowd did double for that particular game but not sure it made much financial sense!

The answer is of course to have a team in contention for play-offs/promotion. Unfortunately from the word go we were some way short of this and very quickly the attendance trailed off.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
851 today wasn't too bad considering the conditions meant that a lot of fans couldn't make it.
I know of one elderly BUFC fan who didn't make it through this cold winter 
It should have been 852  :'(

I'm elderly!  ;)

853 if you had got there MLF  8)

If you can't make it to the Bishop's Stortford game MLF I will pay your entrance fee and click the turnstile for you   8)
I was going to do it in remembrance of my old pal who died of pneumonia recently, so an extra ghostly click of the turnstile won't break the bank  :dan
Not sure if my plan is strictly above board...most importantly it would complicate matters with Ken's prediction league, but it could also be declared illegal by the officials of BUFC and the turnstile monitors of HMRC   :o  maybe Chalker or somebody in the know can post on here before Monday?  :dan

Sorry Ed, I missed this post. I've also lost a few friends/bufc fans along the way  :( Like your style though! Keep on keeping on 8)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
As I said originally.  :)   How can we really... try and make some difference to the attendance?   Not looking for smart ass answers!    But we need more thru' the door!    8)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »
We could try a beer and music weekend at York St during the summer to boost income between seasons  ???
Tonbridge FC are having one... could do it in the car park to avoid pitch damage  ???
Get local comedy band 50 Sniffs to perform  :o

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
We could try a beer and music weekend at York St during the summer to boost income between seasons  ???
Tonbridge FC are having one... could do it in the car park to avoid pitch damage  ???
Get local comedy band 50 Sniffs to perform  :o

I like the idea, that's exactly the kind of stuff that'll get some interest! Thanks ed  :)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »

Have you heard anything by 50 Sniffs...Boston's answer to the Bonzo Dog Band?
Viv Stanshall will be spinning in his grave  ;D

'The Stumps in the sky
Oh My, Oh My
Why'd you want to live anywhere else?'
etc etc

Latest song available on You Tube  8) :o

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »