Author Topic: I hope you've got decent pies!  (Read 4111 times)

Jesse James

• View Profile
I hope you've got decent pies!
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:49:38 PM »
This season Chester FC have new caterers who supply a rather upmarket steak/wine stew with a puff pastry top (not a pie,) 
       I think they're rather good, although a bit pricey at £3.00.
There were two seperate threads with over 300 posts and 20,000 views, I kid you not!

Also can anyone recommend any decent fan friendly pubs, not too far from the ground?

Cheers
   J.J.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: I hope you've got decent pies!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:58:29 PM »
sports bar and yes there pukka

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
Are Dunmores still doing pies?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
sports bar is ok but can get really busy, best option is the ship tavern, literally 200 yards behind the end you will be standing. Football friendly pub with guest ales, see you in there.

Jesse James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:23:33 AM »
Thanx Guys, will post details on Deva Chat - So I'm sure you'll see a few blues/greens in there.
Boston looks quite nice on Google Streetview - still the sun was shining! ;D
   Is the car park on the riverside (South St.) OK and the main entrance to the Ship Tavern down the alleyway?

Really looking forward to this one. The Town End is most impressive! Got to be one of the best in this league. I'm a Stadia Anorak.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:50 AM »
Thanx Guys, will post details on Deva Chat - So I'm sure you'll see a few blues/greens in there.
   Is the car park on the riverside (South St.) OK and the main entrance to the Ship Tavern down the alleyway?

Really looking forward to this one. The Town End is most impressive! Got to be one of the best in this league. I'm a Stadia Anorak.

Yeah, the Ship's down the alleyway. You won't miss it as there's a sign over said alley. That car park is fine, just a typical pay and display tariff. I guess it might be quite busy on Saturday owing to market day. If you're arriving early enough to go for a pint you could quite easily park on e.g. Rowley Road next to the ground for nothing, wander wherever you want for beer and have less of a walk following the match.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
Yep , as Adam has said Ship Tavern is down the alleyway, echo his suggestions, if you arrive early enough park near the ground, it'll cost you nothing and only a few minutes walk to pub. Looking forward to this game, nice to have a proper football club come down with a decent following. 

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »

The town center is nice and tidy these days, shame about the half the people.

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
Anyone who comes on the train might like to try The Eagle for real ale or The Duke of York for food.

TS

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
If you're arriving early enough to go for a pint you could quite easily park on e.g. Rowley Road next to the ground for nothing, wander wherever you want for beer and have less of a walk following the match.

Don't tell the Chester fans that. They might take my parking space.