Author Topic: Some good news  (Read 16613 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Some good news
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 11:35:29 PM »
I think the programme is very good value, but overpriced...proving that you can contradict yourself in one single post on here, you don't necessarily have to wait a couple of weeks, just get it all out there in one go!
Simpulz!  :dan

Ed, you are indeed candy  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
and I wonder just how many other BSN or BSS clubs have a full timer in that role........?

Other clubs at this level rely on volunteers for these kind of roles.

But as long as the incumbents are worth more to the football club than their salaries (which they are!), why does the cost matter?

We are a professional club off the pitch, but not on it.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »
Thanks for your plaudit NF, but I would like to reiterate that I am NOT paid by BUFC, contrary to what some people think.

Craig does a fantastic job for the club, and over the last 4 years while I have been doing my little bit, I have seen him develop from someone who was a bit on the shy side to a guy who has gained a lot of confidence and doing a fantastic job in these hard times.

Congratulations to him for his awards, and a happy and long life to him and Sarah.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Thanks for your plaudit NF, but I would like to reiterate that I am NOT paid by BUFC, contrary to what some people think.

Craig does a fantastic job for the club, and over the last 4 years while I have been doing my little bit, I have seen him develop from someone who was a bit on the shy side to a guy who has gained a lot of confidence and doing a fantastic job in these hard times.

Congratulations to him for his awards, and a happy and long life to him and Sarah.

i'll happily clap along with that Gus

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »

Define "paid". Do you receive certain fringe benefits? Do you pay for your ticket to the ground, your food, your drink? ;)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
If you call fringe benefits as free entry, food and drink, then yes.

However, I more than compensate for these with Golden Goal tickets, 50-50 tickets, and I donate the wine that the sponsors drink (as many as 6 bottles on more than one occasion). I also contribute through the 'goals scored' initiative.

And not forgetting my valuable time.

Now, for the benefit of the real fans on here, will you please tell us all exactly what you do for the club, apart from being a troll.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »
Very nice fringe benefits I think some fans might say!

But you have missed the point entirely Gussie.  Just because you are not paid in cash does not mean that HMRC would not deem these benefits to be income. Suggest you check and the club check with them (given the club's past chequered history with HMRC). :)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »
Steady, last time you (well the dear departed Rooster) talked about the Tax Man it was to tell us all we were doomed as David and Neil's plan to put a community club led case to them was pointless.

How did that turn out again?  Oh yeah.  ;D

Just kick back and relax SP, enjoy life, put a smile on your face and top up your glass.  Life is good.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
The club are perfectly at liberty to let people in on complimentary tickets and feed them if they so desire, so long as that person isn't on the pay role of the said club then they are not liable for tax.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Yet more crap from the Scouse Git but no answer to my question (also posed recently by others), about his own contribution towards the well-being of the club.

Obviously a 'glass half empty' sorta guy.

Now, I really must go out and get a new suite ordered. Where from? A no-brainer really. Cammacks of course ,because I won't put another penny into the kitty for Oldrid's shareholders to dib into!!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:28:47 PM by Gus »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
The club are perfectly at liberty to let people in on complimentary tickets and feed them if they so desire, so long as that person isn't on the pay role of the said club then they are not liable for tax.

So you might think my dear Tash! HMRC would view it differently I suggest.

Otherwise it would be a perfect way of avoiding tax and NI by paying pseudo-staff in kind for the work they do. ;)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »

Now, I really must go out and get a new suite ordered. Where from? A no-brainer really. Cammacks of course ,because I won't put another penny into the kitty for Oldrid's shareholders to dib into!!!!

Had you down as a DFS or Furniture Village sort of guy Gussie.  Prices slashed from £1,400 down to £290. Limited period only.   :bunny

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »

So you might think my dear Tash! HMRC would view it differently I suggest.

Otherwise it would be a perfect way of avoiding tax and NI by paying pseudo-staff in kind for the work they do. ;)

I don't think dear boy I know. I would imagine the dear old tax man has bigger fish to fry than a few complimentary tickets and a bit of nosh at a non lge football club. It's a bit like shops letting their staff have free meals and discounts.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:10 AM »
Actually, you Scouse Git, I am NOT staff but a VOLUNTEER.

Now fcuk off back under your magic mushroom.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:28 AM »
Actually, you Scouse Git, I am NOT staff but a VOLUNTEER.

Now fcuk off back under your magic mushroom.

Isn't there a new law about these sort of people Gus - you know, Trolls? He won't reply, cos he can't; he knows he has no answer