Author Topic: Whitey gone.....  (Read 2990 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Whitey gone.....
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-lose-veteran-defender-w-458621.html

Sorry to see him go, he'll always be one of my favourite all time players, if only for the way he stood up to the bullying of McFraud. Still a good player but its not realistic to expect him to travel all this way.

I'd like to think our Dynamic Duo will go out and get a replacement of similar stature but I expect it'll be a kid from Forest reserves expected to do a mans job in what will become a relegation battle if we're not careful.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Whitey gone.....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:02:21 PM »
No surprise because of the travelling.  So now we need new players at both ends of the pitch.

Someone the right side of 30 would be good as a replacement - I agree that a youngster like the strikers we've had on loan this season would not be appropriate to play with Ward. 

Austin and Ward can play in the middle with Canners as cover for all defensive positions, when everyone is fit - but with Jels and maybe Austin now out, we desperately need at least one more defender this week.  Maybe a loan if Jels and Big Kev are not going to be out for too long?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »
Problem solved - Jason Lee centre back!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »
As someone said to me today " Why do we keep putting ourselves through this?"
I had to say "I really don't know" this was after a great start with Newshams goal but then being played off the park again. How anybody can repeatedly say we played well against a good team every other week is beyond me. The fact is the team is a shambles I am afraid, Not knocking all the players some of who are good but they don't seem to know what their roles are and I am afraid that is down to the management. I purposely stood at the side of our dug out for a period and have to say that Jason shouts praise that is unwarranted, Ok I know encouragement is important but a kick up the arse can also do the trick, also can anyone tell me why we take youngsters on loan and sit them on the bench when others who have struggled are picked yet again.
I am afraid we need a proven manager who can get a grip of the situation before it is too late, although we are lucky that half the teams in this league are little better.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
Good luck Whitey we will miss you

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »
Gutted Whitey has gone, he came in at the right time and shored the defence up when it was leaking goals. Hopefully Jells and Austin's injuries aren't too bad and they'll be fit for Boxing Day. If not then we need to get Stainfield back from his loan asap.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
oxo does the fitness coach manage the team?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
As someone said to me today " Why do we keep putting ourselves through this?"
I had to say "I really don't know" this was after a great start with Newshams goal but then being played off the park again. How anybody can repeatedly say we played well against a good team every other week is beyond me. The fact is the team is a shambles I am afraid, Not knocking all the players some of who are good but they don't seem to know what their roles are and I am afraid that is down to the management. I purposely stood at the side of our dug out for a period and have to say that Jason shouts praise that is unwarranted, Ok I know encouragement is important but a kick up the arse can also do the trick, also can anyone tell me why we take youngsters on loan and sit them on the bench when others who have struggled are picked yet again.
I am afraid we need a proven manager who can get a grip of the situation before it is too late, although we are lucky that half the teams in this league are little better.

Wanna slag him off Myarsehole?