Author Topic: Stiker needed  (Read 13019 times)

footiefan

• View Profile
Stiker needed
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
Rumour has it that Ricky Miller is to sign for Stamford. We certainly miss his energy up front. New gaffer hadn't heard of him and didn't offer him a contract. Very disappointing. Could do with his goals right now.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stiker needed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:14:35 PM »
i think we will be okay once newy and clark get rolling, the energy there you can see that by the amount of heading clark was doing sat one sec at the back then he was up front. this was going on all game

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »
But not his stroppy prima donna attitude or multiple identity Dad on the message boards.  For all the huff and puff he still missed a complete open goal away at Kendal, something i think all of the current strike force would not do.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:18:57 PM »
great player , no doubt has the ability at this level , and it is a shame he was'nt offerd anything

but c'mon less of the negative stuff on here  S & H got Ilkeston up last season , they've singed players from that squad last season , which im sure they will know how to get the best out of them

and also the other players we have signed all look up too the job

it seems up until saturday H & S could do no wrong , and all of a sudden because of a draw, against a top team in this league ,everyone seems too be hitting the panic button , were 2 games in  4 pts from a possible 6 against2 teams that were up their last season ,and have not alterd too much during the summer

im sure some fans , would find something too moan about even if we had won the league by christmas

its a long season , no need too panic

;D

* edit : forgot he was offerd something , so i should of said  : shame we could'nt work out anything with him

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:24:18 PM by Big-Tom »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »
He was offered tom. but as we all know due to his circumstances we couldnt match his needs.(notice i used the word needs and not wants becouse i do beleive this was the case)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
 ( not a moan )
   I'd like another BIg striker alongside D.D  to harvest Newshs trickery on the right ..would be a handfull toalmost any  opp ..
   Can't fault the Midfield .. we've gone from NO  midfield to V Good midfield..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
I dont think its the middle thats the problem. i think we are still short of a lively winger with a good cross

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »
I dont think its the middle thats the problem. i think we are still short of a lively winger with a good cross

hopefully we have signed that today in dan cotton , as i agree

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »
 So who would U now . .bench  and drop .. ??

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
I think Ricky would compliment what we have here as we seem to have 3 big lads in Davidson, Suarez and Clarke (to a lesser extent). But it wasn't to be and don't see us going back now. For me though as good a poacher as Ricky was if given the choice of having any of last seasons strikers I would pick a fully fit Leabon as someone with his pace is something we definitely miss. Having said all that think we need to look forward not back.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
So who would U now . .bench  and drop .. ??

Evans

Wood
Canners
Parker/Pearson
Cullingworth

Cotton
Camm
Church
Sleath

Newsham
Clarke/Davidson

Do feel though Kennedy will grow into the team , maybe atm nothing more than an impact player as a sub , but as the season goes on i think he will be a great player for us  

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »
 U cant put 12 players on the pitch .!
    So IF  Cotton  is effective  ..I would bench Newsham .. and let Suarez catch up with his college work at Loughboro

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »
U cant put 12 players on the pitch .!
    So IF  Cotton  is effective  ..I would bench Newsham .. and let Suarez catch up with his college work at Loughboro

there is 11 the     parker/pearson and davidson/clarke are ones i can't make my mind up about

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
We have 4 forwards, each one offering different options, some of which we haven't even seen yet!
DD was apparently used wide at times at Alfreton and I don't think we've seen Newsham down the middle yet?
I thought Clarke was excellent on Saturday. He seemed to have settled into the team and was not "over trying".
We have midfielders who can get forward and threaten and now with Dot Cotton (Not Dorothy!) we have a specific wing play option (plus Kennedy).
The goals didn't come on Saturday but sooner rather than later they surely will.   

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »
id keep newsham and a big lad in there but i just cant make my mind up wich one of the 3 biggies id have up there