Author Topic: compensation for church and pearson  (Read 10266 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
compensation for church and pearson
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
Same old story from the club. just the same when we sold cavell and richardson.

I suppose they will say it was part of the agreement to not disclose the fee, but that is rubbish. Dont the fans deserve to know!!!

This obviously means we have got significantly less than expected. Why for once cant we be given the straight facts and stop all the sensless speculation that will now happen.

Come on David,  make a statement!!!!!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: compensation for church and pearson
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
we have been given less than what we wanted but more than what grimsby offered. end of story

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »
Dont the fans deserve to know!!!

Do we?  I'm not overly fussed, we get what we will get and that's it.  The information issued and the fans forums have been well received so I don't think we get short changed in that area. 

Also as has been pointed out on here before the board members are regularly at games and accessible so if you really are desperate to know ask them, but I still don't see the need to know the specifics.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »

Do we?  I'm not overly fussed, we get what we will get and that's it.  The information issued and the fans forums have been well received so I don't think we get short changed in that area. 

Also as has been pointed out on here before the board members are regularly at games and accessible so if you really are desperate to know ask them, but I still don't see the need to know the specifics.

As an exercise in not letting clubs walk all over us it was a success if we got more than offered.  Lets hope we get the money fast before we become a creditor to a club on the verge of rottin.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »

I think I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this, Mupps! Not because I'm desperate to know the fee in this case (although it would be nice to know if we got more than Grimsby offered) but because I hate undisclosed fees in general and feel there should be greater transparancy in football in a wider sense. I think the FA needs to rid itself of this unneccessary veil of secrecy that seems to surround many of its internal dealings, full stop.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »

I think I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this, Mupps! Not because I'm desperate to know the fee in this case (although it would be nice to know if we got more than Grimsby offered) but because I hate undisclosed fees in general and feel there should be greater transparancy in football in a wider sense. I think the FA needs to rid itself of this unneccessary veil of secrecy that seems to surround many of its internal dealings, full stop.

Agreed.

And as DT says, its a throw back to the bad old days where information coming out of York St was about as frequent as Tass or Pravda running a truthful story........

Football clubs wonder why they are treated with suspicion, here's a prime reason. They take our money in inflation busting hikes at the gate but when it comes to disclosure well.....that's none of your business Mr Loyal Supporter.......£14 if you please for level 6 football.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
Hmmm.  I see your point re transparacey however it's the 'deserve' bit that prompted my reply.  It would be good to know, interesting to know and maybe satisfying if it was a decent figure.  But 'deserve', really?

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Getting a settlement that is 'undisclosed' helps agreement to be reached as neither club has to lose face.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
GrimsbybTown Site

Tribunal Fees Set
Posted on: Mon 21 Nov 2011

THE Mariners will have to pay undisclosed fees to Boston United for Shaun Pearson and Anthony Church after their fees were set at an FA tribunal earlier today.

Town and Boston failed to reach a settlement after the pair made a summer switch to Blundell Park.
Article continues
Advertisement

Speaking straight after the meeting, Town chief executive Ian Fleming said: "It's a fee that is rather less than what Boston were asking for. It was quite clear that from our discussions with Boston we couldn't seek agreement.

"The tribunal has favoured where Grimsby Town were coming from - as apposed to the level Boston were asking for.

"We would have preferred to have avoided a tribunal. There's no doubt that clubs do not want to be at loggerheads and have to work together in all sorts of different areas other than on the pitch.

"We are now pleased that it is over and we can now concentrate on footballing matters."

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
Getting a settlement that is 'undisclosed' helps agreement to be reached as neither club has to lose face.

This seems to backed up by the fact that both clubs on their official websites are making out they are satisfied with the conclusion!  It sounds like we've made Grimsby pay more than they wanted to so hasn't been a waste of time from our point of view.
 Seeing as Grimsby are on the verge of going out of business (according to their trust ) I hope we get the cheque cashed first thing tomorrow morning !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
Newton would use Scotts valuation of 100k for Pearson its safe to assume + maybe 20K for Church.     
  Looking at" the fishy " site comments by fans suggest these players fall short of BSP standard.   They cannot get into a poor BSP side .  AT 22 and 24 they may never be better than average BSP players at best ,  and theres plenty of these about on free transfers.
If Boston get half the above figures it is a great deal ,  and Fenty will question himself on the appointment of his managers .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:33 PM »
Newton would use Scotts valuation of 100k for Pearson its safe to assume + maybe 20K for Church.     
  Looking at" the fishy " site comments by fans suggest these players fall short of BSP standard.   They cannot get into a poor BSP side .  AT 22 and 24 they may never be better than average BSP players at best ,  and theres plenty of these about on free transfers.
If Boston get half the above figures it is a great deal ,  and Fenty will question himself on the appointment of his managers .

I've watched them a few times and I'm not sure Church fails in quality, he just isn't doing what he did for us for some reason.  He seems to be off the boil.

Pearson maybe lacks pace and is still a little too raw in a team that get punished for every mistake.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 04:41:50 AM »
In terms of transparency the FA tribunals should be open.

The club however is a private company and do not have to disclose anything, whether they ought is a different
matter.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »
It appears we would not have got as much without agreeing to FA and Grimsby demand to keep it secret.
I feel that the chairman must have got the best deal possible and agree with DC that it is his right to keep the fee under wraps. At the recent forum Neil spelled out the clubs position regarding falling short of the break even target this season so if this has helped that position all well and good. One thing is for sure David and Neil will not be pocketing the money so lets leave it at that.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »
.....if you hunt around on the internet you will see the amounts of money involved...