Author Topic: FANS FORUM  (Read 12804 times)

cookie

• View Profile
FANS FORUM
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
Don't forget this!
Boston United’s latest fans’ forum will take place on Wednesday evening (7.30pm start).
The event in The Pilgrim Lounge will allow supporters the opportunity to quiz chairman David Newton, vice-chairman Neil Kempster and first team bosses Jason Lee and Lee Canoville on on-pitch and off-field matters.
The event will be hosted by BBC Lincolnshire’s United correspondent Scott Dalton.
The Pilgrim Lounge will be open from 7.00pm.
Everybody is welcome for this FREE entry event.

cookie

• View Profile
Re: FANS FORUM
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »
Regarding tonight, United fan Tim Watts suggested to me this morning that perhaps a few people may not be able to make it tonight or don't like to voice their opinions in public but would still like to ask a question to the panel.
If anyone would like to email me a question I will ask host Scott Dalton to pose the question.
Email me at chris@chriscookprint.co.uk
It might make the evening even more interesting!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
Chris can you please ask the following "does a blue square north club really   need a fitness coach.I've never seen one before at the club! But is the FC a third manager which he seems to be while JL & LC are playing.What football coaching badges does he have?"
Can you tell JB to organize the next forum on a better evening!
Thanks KON

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:49 PM »
How about what the club are doing proactively to address the slump in attendances?

Will there be any impact on 1st team budget due to small gates and an early FA Cup exit?

How far are Alan White and Tom Ward from a 1st team return?

Sorry, babysitting.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
Read the Target Norty40 re ward and white  ;D

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
N40'S White was only suspended for one game last Saturday

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »
Newcastle U having the best season for years have a big fall in attendances this season.
 The reason ?  its called a resession   
 The answer ?  It depends on who you listen to , Geo Osbourne or Ed Balls.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:38:58 PM »
Newcastle U having the best season for years have a big fall in attendances this season.
 The reason ?  its called a resession   
 The answer ?  It depends on who you listen to , Geo Osbourne or Ed Balls.

The reason we have a recession is because since 1971 our money is debt and until we get 'Austrian School' economics it will only get worse as predicted on here by me in 2008. I don't expect it to change until it's forced by a total system collapse or a war.

RE the forum I would be interested to know if the board can elaborate on a 'commercial' partner for the ground redevelopment. Do they have anything in mind, Hotel, supermarket ETC. Are they in negotiations with any partners or brokers.

Thanks.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »
Morrisons?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
Chris can you please ask the following "does a blue square north club really   need a fitness coach.I've never seen one before at the club! But is the FC a third manager which he seems to be while JL & LC are playing.What football coaching badges does he have?"
Can you tell JB to organize the next forum on a better evening!
Thanks KON

Fitness coach, Ian Freeman must be doing a good job as United are now fit enough to put pressure on opponents right up to the final whistle.
11 of our 19 league goals have been scored in the last half hour - and 6 of those in the last 5 mins of normal time.  Instead of questioning, we should be thanking Jason & Lee who pay the fitness coach out of their own pockets.
United we stand..................

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 12:25:12 AM »
Have to agree totally with Chris Cooke at tonight's Fans Forum when he talked about the effect the fans, especially the home fans, can have on our players.  Vocal support can really lift a player and encourage him to produce his best, but negative shouts and especially downright abusive ones can shake a young players' confidence.  At any level of football, the difference between success and failure can be down to a confident strike, pass, tackle or save, so we (the supporters) can do our bit by raising our teams confidence.  Support the team vocally and encourage them.   Please don't bring out the tired, old argument about players should be good enough not to need having to be encouraged.   

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 01:18:17 AM »
Chris Cook - apologies for putting an extra 'e' in previous post.  It is not as if I haven't seen your name a thousand times, so it must have just been a mis-print.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:02 AM »
Every one calls him Cook E.
As for abuse from fans. I've seen and posted within posts about this. It is pathetic tbh. I just don't understand how it helps them enjoy/support the team. I fear most of them can't read and see what the majority feel about.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
The fitness coach isn't paid by the club, but out of the pockets of Jason and Lee. That's what dedicated managers he have.

Another interesting fact to come out of the forum was the massive amount of money our chairman has had to put in JUST to balance the books, a huge 1.5 million. Credit to him for making such personal sacrifices and keeping the club going, and that's without taking into account all the debts that have been paid and are still being paid. I'd hate to think just how much they've put into the club without any return. The term hero is often over used in my opinion, but I'm sure many BUFC fans wouldn't mind using it when describing David and Neil. My respect for these two gentlemen grows more and more.

On another note, Cooke made an excellent point about encouragement of players and I hope this filters through to all parts of the ground. 

By all accounts, a very enjoyable evening and a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. A million miles away from the last forum I attended under the old regime. So much progress has been made since then thank god.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »
How about having a dedicated day to non abuse of players ? We have all the racism stuff and occasionally ladies day. Non abuse of players day - get it on !!