Author Topic: statement from the chairman  (Read 15295 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Re: statement from the chairman
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
He is very happy with a win at Histon.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
Hope everybody like myself are pleased that the chairman ignored that DT bloke from Woodville!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
I've been reading this thread and all i have to say is this. I don't expect promotion this year and i'll not be to disappointed if we don't go up. Last season the winners of this league won by a country mile and look where they are now. They had better players and more cash than us and still they're in the mire.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
So you are using Alfreton as the only example we can't live with the Conf Prem? It's a poor example if you ask me, Alfreton have decided to go part full-time however that works, if you look at the team who went up through the play-offs - Telford, they are doing very well and they have stayed part time. Braintree went up from the Conf South and until recently where in a play-off position with part time players. Last season Hayes and Yeading and Bath City both survived with part time teams. Southport, who should of been in this league are also doing well with a part time team. We would not be out of our depth in the Conf Prem IMO.

the strength of clubs in the conference prem would be very hard for us to compete with now, even if we got crowds of 2500. when you see clubs like plymouth and bradford near the bottom of league two and possibly to be relegated to the con prem it does make me think that we are maybe at our level in the con north. unless a big invester comes in we could find our selves being a yoyo club in years to come.

No we wouldn't. We'd struggle to get PROMOTED with 2.5K gates, but we'd survive easily. Lincoln are only averaging just over 2K and Darlo under that. We have the 23rd best average attendance in the whole of non-league despite the drop this season and better than 7 Conf Prem teams. You talk about big clubs struggling in League 2 but conversely there are clubs that are the same size/smaller than us thriving in L2, like Accrington, Macc, D&R and Barnet to name a few.

I wish people would stop being so pessimistic about our chances of surviving in the league above, the budget doesn't have to alter drastically and we'd get an increase in crowds (both home and away), I can't see  the problem myself  ???

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »
Don't think the hairman would have been impressed today! Poor performance against a poor side and low gate!
Why is the fitness coach now acting as a manager? Surely JB could do that instead of Mr Freeman!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »
KON, think the chairman will probably be pleased with the character the team showed to win despite not being at their best myself. As for the crowd don't think it was that bad, 11 hundred and odd with virtually no visiting fans, apart from Halifax everyone in this league would love a "low gate" like that!!

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

Largest attendance in BSN was it not?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
Should be the biggest! But if were playing better football and getting the result you could put 200+ on that!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »
If the chairman would only listen to us on here we MIGHT have been top of the league at the moment  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and bust by the end of the season.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
Looks like the statement is in The Target this week! Good to see the Chairman backing the managers!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
Would be nice to see some of the short sighted fans do the same KON

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
For those who can't get the target :):-Newton Has Faith In Joint Bosses
Boston United chairman David Newton is convinced the club is in good hands with joint managers Jason Lee and Lee Canoville at the helm.

The pair took over from former management duo Rob Scott and Paul Hurst at the end of last season and have slowly but surely begun to impose themselves at York Street.

They have not been without their low points though, leading some fans to question whether they had enough experience to lead the club.

Boston have been inconsistent at times this term, and after winning two games in a row, they lost 6-1 to Altrincham, before again winning two matches. The Pilgrims were also knocked out o the FA Cup at the first hurdle, but they are now in a very commendable seventh place.

Newton told This is Lincolnshire: "You've got to remember that they're new managers.

"Yes, they were caretaker managers at the end of last season, but then they had to carry on the job of Rob (Scott) and Paul (Hurst).

"This season they've had to build a new side and they're still learning. You can't expect instant success. As well as Rob and Paul did, they weren't successful straight away.

"If I felt Jason and Lee didn't know what issues needed addressing then I would be worried. But that isn't the case.

"I think we're in quite a good position. We are going in the right direction."

P.S Quoted from blue square north news page.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
For those who can't get the target :):-Newton Has Faith In Joint Bosses
Boston United chairman David Newton is convinced the club is in good hands with joint managers Jason Lee and Lee Canoville at the helm.

The pair took over from former management duo Rob Scott and Paul Hurst at the end of last season and have slowly but surely begun to impose themselves at York Street.

They have not been without their low points though, leading some fans to question whether they had enough experience to lead the club.

Boston have been inconsistent at times this term, and after winning two games in a row, they lost 6-1 to Altrincham, before again winning two matches. The Pilgrims were also knocked out o the FA Cup at the first hurdle, but they are now in a very commendable seventh place.

Newton told This is Lincolnshire: "You've got to remember that they're new managers.

"Yes, they were caretaker managers at the end of last season, but then they had to carry on the job of Rob (Scott) and Paul (Hurst).

"This season they've had to build a new side and they're still learning. You can't expect instant success. As well as Rob and Paul did, they weren't successful straight away.

"If I felt Jason and Lee didn't know what issues needed addressing then I would be worried. But that isn't the case.

"I think we're in quite a good position. We are going in the right direction."

P.S Quoted from blue square north news page.

Clearly the Chairman has not consulted KoN or N40's for their advice ;)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
You are a star SP x well spotted  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
I've been converted by the Newton theory!Time to get behind the team and the 3 managers!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »
I've been converted by the Newton theory!Time to get behind the team and the 3 managers!

The three of them will be pleased!  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell