Author Topic: statement from the chairman  (Read 15293 times)

Seenbetter

Re: statement from the chairman
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
This topic is a disgrace. No more responses please unless it,s only to abuse the author.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
A question I hope the moaners will give a sensible reply to (doubtful )

What if the chairman makes the following statement ,

I,M OUT .

Thats what id be saying if i was him wouldnt take this shit off people no way

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
idiot or moron I am not, so be careful what you say

I have supported this club for over 40 years and still will.

If you have bothered to read my previous posts you will see that I have nothing but respect for David Newton and how he has saved our club.

The point I was trying to make to those that obviously cannot understand what I am saying is that he in my opinion has made a mistake in appointing these two "managers" and that in my view he needs to replace them as soon as possible.

so get real those that have slagged me off and do not criticise my passion for this club.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 11:08:20 PM »
Well said DT!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
Well said DT.

There's too many creeps and arseslickers on here who seem to think that any thing other than total obedience to all things BUFC is tantamount to treason. Get real, only an idiot can't see that this team is a shadow of the sides of the last few seasons and the budget cut is no excuse for the shambles these two managers have laid before us.......if people think a 6-1 defeat is 'one of those things' then they need a reality check. Its not good enough, nor are the majority of the players signed and I for one am getting sick of the apologists saying 'give it time' and 'we're not far off'......we're miles away from where we want to be and more importantly where we SHOULD be.

DT's, right, unless this slide is addressed NOW then heaven only know's what sort of gates and as a consequence loss of revenue and budget cuts can be expected in the future. Those of you thinking that we're OK need a reality check, we've played over one quarter of the season and played no one in the top 6 or 7 yet, we could not have asked for a better set of fixtures and yet we still look like a side who've just met.......and more importantly I question if the managers know their best side.

However I disagree that Dave Newton needs to put a statement out, things need to be done in private and I'm confident he'll have said what needs to be said.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
True there Andy! Too many arselickers and yes men/women! The club is run as a business not a charity!

Bartmac

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
Well said both DT and N40s, I sure Mr Newton will sort out what needs to be sorted out, but he doesn't need to do it in the public domain, he didn't get where he is today without being a very astute businessman.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
The club is run as a business not a charity!
please bear this in mind when making future comments :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:31 PM »
   Qoite a few posters knocking the managers have been touting for Paul Cox since the the time H&S left .   At Eastwood his reputed budget was easily DOUBLE that of Bostons.

Can these Cox advocats  tell us what position Eastwood were in the league after 12 games last season ?
Even tell us league position at mid-season
And where will Eastwood FC be this time nexr year ?

To balance it up do other posters think I shall get a response from these Cox proposers ?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
I agree with N40's in the fact there is a certain element on here who will not let ANYTHING be questioned the club does and that is not healthy. It's sheeple like these that have allowed unscrupulous people to get away with all manner of wrong doings in the recent past.

In my view I see it as we give our views on here and DN will listen to them then make up his own mind on what needs doing, a bit like I'd give my manager advice at work if I thought something wasn't working. I can't see him just packing up because of a few keyboard warriors, if for instance he created a website for Chestnut Homes and asked for opinions and had a percentage saying his houses where poor, would you then say he'd just pack in at Chestnut Homes? And yes it is the same they're both businesses.

Anyway enough of that, as far as the performances on the pitch goes I'd hazzard a guess that based on the few times I've spoken to DN he'll be hurting just as much as us, he is passionate about this club and will do what he thinks is right. Will that mean sacking Jason and Lee? IMO not yet as it's far too early, I'd say hell give them until Christmas then see where we are at. Saying that he got shot of TT in November a few seasons back so who knows, personally I don't think results improved significantly that season after TT went and I think DN will probably have learnt from that.

I have already written this season off as far as promotion is concerned but with a bit of tinkering who knows J&L could still turn this team around. Whatever happens this season someone said that continuity is key to success a few days ago and I agree with that and I'm confident Jason and Lee will get things right even if we have to wait until next season to reap the rewards.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:12 AM »
I've been reading this thread and all i have to say is this. I don't expect promotion this year and i'll not be to disappointed if we don't go up. Last season the winners of this league won by a country mile and look where they are now. They had better players and more cash than us and still they're in the mire.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Like many other football club chairmen David Newton puts up the cash to keep the club alive ,  only to find that 90% of the supporters with little or no business acumen think they can run the club better than him .   

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
Like many other football club chairmen David Newton puts up the cash to keep the club alive ,  only to find that 90% of the supporters with little or no business acumen think they can run the club better than him .   

Well, I took Boston United to six consecutive Champions League titles on CM 01/02 (and had a bank balance so massive the game crashed) when I was a student. Who's the bigger man now, eh, Mr Newton?

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
I've been reading this thread and all i have to say is this. I don't expect promotion this year and i'll not be to disappointed if we don't go up. Last season the winners of this league won by a country mile and look where they are now. They had better players and more cash than us and still they're in the mire.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

the strength of clubs in the conference prem would be very hard for us to compete with now, even if we got crowds of 2500. when you see clubs like plymouth and bradford near the bottom of league two and possibly to be relegated to the con prem it does make me think that we are maybe at our level in the con north. unless a big invester comes in we could find our selves being a yoyo club in years to come.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

I was listening to an interview by the chairman of AFC Wimbledon the other day and he commented that they success they received by building a team over the years rather than buying the league was all the sweeter. If they hadnt had gone up last year it wouldn't have been the end of them or Terry Brown. They started with about the 12th largest budget, increased to about the 10th largest in January. Just goes to show that money doesn't buy you everthing. Sustainability has to be the way forward for clubs like us even if that means a few more years part time in this god awful league.
Most teams never win anything despite the hundreds of millions spent in the premierleague since its inception only a handful of teams have ever won it, similarly with the FA Cup in recent years.