Author Topic: Too nice for football!  (Read 7844 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Too nice for football!
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
Anybody giving it a miss tomorrow? I'm going to cut my lawns and pocket the 12 quid pocket money the wife gives me!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Too nice for football!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Anybody giving it a miss tomorrow? I'm going to cut my lawns and pocket the 12 quid pocket money the wife gives me!

some "supporter" you are. i shall be there supporting the team but before enjoying a pint or two before the match in the sun

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
Bang out of order mate, his life doesn't revolve around BUFC as is the case with me now. If you want to go good on ya, but don't knock those of us on budgets with families.

Can't get a baby sitter anyway.......and with the predicted weather I'll tidy the garden and trim the hedge for the last time this year.

£12 is plenty for this stage of the competition, the FA claim they want to attract people back to the cup games but they set minimum admission prices too high.......I mean its Kidsgrove......if it were Kettering say I'd try a bit harder to find a baby sitter but nah, not for them.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
Good to see KON and N/F breaking new ground on Sat  ( ie gardening ) . can provide both of them with a gardening manual .     Meanwhile I shall attempt to scrat up £8 out of my pension and go to YS and stand under cover to avoid getting sunstroke by staying at home gardening.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
To be fair its not in the clubs gift to set the price for this.  Kidsgrove have to agree and accept a lower gate price and thence potentially less for them should they get knocked out and they are not likley to do that.

You could make it a fiver and it'd only add 150ish to the gate especially on a nice sunny day.  Personally I'd love to be there but have a busy day coaching.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
It's either go to the match or stay at home and talk to the wife............I'll see you at York Street. ;D

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
I too shall be giving it a miss along the lines of previous posters,£12 is a lot at this stage of the competition and with money being as tight as it is then I too will be giving it a miss..Will be tuned in to United Live though so will be there in spirit :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:44 PM »
Seriously I guess the club would sooner we stay away for this one than a league match!Thanks for your support norty40!After the episode with the offical freebie supporters club the other week this is my way to stick two fingers upto them!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Bang out of order mate, his life doesn't revolve around BUFC as is the case with me now. If you want to go good on ya, but don't knock those of us on budgets with families.
KON didn't mention budget or family? He just said he wasn't going because of the weather!

Why do you bring your personal life into it? Why do you feel the need to justify why you can't/don't go to (some) games?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
Im investing my savings at the bookies with a Boston win!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:46:06 PM »
I'm going, hopefully a few more will to give me someone to talk to.  I have a love affair with the FA Cup, it's the most looked forward to game for me, something a little different.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »
£12 - £14 for a game in the early stages of the F.A cup. Nowt like ripping your own fans off is there.  ::)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
In fairness I don't think Utd set the prices.....but I'd be interested to see what others clubs at our level are charging........and I'll also guess our gate will be one of the 3 or 4 highest this round.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »
I'll be there - like LCB, I always like to see us play in the FA Cup.  The way we usually play, that means I have to go tothe first match we have in it!
Can understand why you'd give this game a miss though if you're on a budget - Kidsgrove is hardly a name to pull in the crowds.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
It's either go to the match or stay at home and talk to the wife............I'll see you at York Street. ;D

+1