Author Topic: Message for the Chairman  (Read 7539 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Message for the Chairman
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
Dear David.

I have great respect for you for saving our great club, but if this carries on much longer it may well be in vain.

In all the years I have been supporting this club I have hardly ever seen such a pathetic, gutless, clueless performance as that tripe put in by virtually all the players today (White, Sleath and Ward excluded).

I think you took the cheapest option with these managers, they do not have any management experience, look to me as if they could not motivate anything.

I dont suppose they will walk away from this. You will have to act asap. If you do not, gates will drop and fans will never come back in this harsh economic climate.

We have tried to give the managers and the players some time, but as a lot of us have been saying for several weeks this is just not going to work.

I never thought I would say this, but I am seriously thinking about not coming to the next game if things have not changed.

You must change the management team, clear out at least half the squad, and let the new manager(just one) sort this chaos out, before it is too late.

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: Message for the Chairman
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »
We dont want to lose canners though :/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:10:55 PM »
Just to fully support all what DTW has just said......

When the job was advertised it said experience at Evo-Stick level was a minimum requirement........did I miss these two's spell in the hot seat at Quorn or Loughborough?

Rightly the fans are not happy, the feeling is of being sold short with this poor management team and inflation busting price hikes right across the matchday experience this summer. What will it take to realize the wrong people are in the job......a sub 1000 gate next Tuesday or an early FA Cup exit at Raggy arse Rovers?
Either way, the club loses, this penny pinching is now reaping the poor harvest predicted by so many and debunked by the deluded few....

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »
Bet we had some good managers come forward aswel

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
Have to agree sooner the rot stops the better chance of keeping the gates up ,
Told by a few today that they will not be here next time .
I,m on holiday for the next match and for once will not be sorry to miss the crap i watched today.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
Personally I would have given the job to Paul cox (the now Mansfield manager) when we found out he had applied, the remnants of the Eastwood team combined with ours would have been a tasty recipe for success, but that's history now, and DN usually gets decisions right.

They were probably the cheaper option, with keeping the majority of last seasons squad the main goal, a little unfair when all our best players were always going to leave. I just think it's the transfer nous that JL and LC haven't got, they just signed whoever was available and not what was needed

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:04 AM »
Please turn up DT! You show more passion than the two cardboard cut outs managing!

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
Think the doubters need a dose of realism. Whilst being a glass half full type of guy, i am dissapointed at the present time like most with the way the results are going . The step up via promotion to the Con Prem is,  i think we all agree,  a step too far at the present time. We have, for the foreseeable future reached our level. The increasing costs of playing in the Con Prem are costs we cannot meet at the present time. The squad is good enough to push for the playoffs and not get into a relegation fight, but for the next couple of seasons  mid table is the most realistic prediction. Changing managers and half the squad is just going to burn a hole in our great chairmans pocket with no garantee of improvement. Lets support the team and managers when we win and lose and prepare ourselves to be in this league for a season or two.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »
I agree with you DTW.

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
Yesterday was the first game I have managed to get to this season. What a waste of money. Listened to JL on the radio after the game and apparently it's all the players fault. With Little it was always bad luck. Little signed Gainsboroughs squad and they lost everything while he was in charge. Now he's gone they are winning everything. Just shows how important the manager can be. I can imagine the last words he says to the team as they run out, " See you all in 90 minutes". Watching them was like watching the figures on Formby beach. For goodness sake get involved, unless of course you don't know what to do. The team lacked direction, imagination, formation. I wont waste any more money until something changes.
The cheap option Mr Newton is going to be expensive.

jskayman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
did neil redfern apply?
 i went yesterday and i must say at half time i was planning on walking out something i would never but decided jase and lee would give a bollocking at half time and they could come out better, they didnt.
the thing that annoyed me the most was that the ball was never ever on the floor, controll (rarely) and then hoof it up to nobody, it was like kicking it away was the only result.
jellyman is about the only player who can run with the ball at his feet.
2 big strikers was a bad mistake one to flick on and hold it up for newsh to run on but i honestly think the gaffers couldnt see it.
im not gonna call for the gaffers heads but they need to grow a pair and sort it out because traveling up from plymouth every weekend i can to watch this shocking football when i could be doing something else is not going to keep on happening ill go watch horncastle under 11s instead because that was the quality i saw yeasterday.

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Two little questions.
How many experts on here have:-
1. Played football.
2. Managed a football team. At any level.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

We have tried to give the managers and the players some time, but as a lot of us have been saying for several weeks this is just not going to work.

Seriously?? Half of you have been calling for them to be sacked since pre season!   

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Two little questions.
How many experts on here have:-
1. Played football.
2. Managed a football team. At any level.

1 and 2.
Any more questions ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 06:48:30 PM »
Yes to 1 and 2
Bloody hard work collecting match fees and ringing players up! I would say my team would have given SM more of a game than BUFC!