Author Topic: How much longer David?  (Read 12090 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
How much longer David?
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
A shameful mockery doesn't sum that up today.

If ever a team showed the characteristics of its manager it was us today.

Clueless
Passionless
Gutless
Directionless

Another poor gate, how much more are we supposed to take?

Come on David, enough is enough, admit you've made a mistake and get rid.

TONIGHT.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: How much longer David?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
Not forgetting the bloody fitness coach! Steady on norty40 CS will take you off his facebook!

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »
No, JL is out on the look out for a striker give it two more games

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Oh great can he pick up 7 more player while hes there. I said id give em a chance and i did but it seems to be getting worse. Dont no if im gonna keep paying 12 quid for that

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
Oh great can he pick up 7 more player while hes there. I said id give em a chance and i did but it seems to be getting worse. Dont no if im gonna keep paying 12 quid for that

Gonna have to say that a few drinks,program and 12 pound to get in as left me 7 pound out of 30, For me that 7 pound is all we have untill friday. Today as maid me ask myself is scrapping the week worth it to watch what was served today.

Im sure many hundreed can understand my possistion becouse they are in the same boat as me

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »

Gonna have to say that a few drinks,program and 12 pound to get in as left me 7 pound out of 30, For me that 7 pound is all we have untill friday. Today as maid me ask myself is scrapping the week worth it to watch what was served today.

Im sure many hundreed can understand my possistion becouse they are in the same boat as me

I no i cant i can only go to the game then go home wouldnt mind if they at least try

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Experiencing a bit of deja vu here...

Firstly, they won't get the sack anytime soon, mainly because David Newton is not absolutely mental. Tommy Taylor had until mid November, and that was in a team that was actually garbage, as opposed to this seemingly average one (which I'll come to in a minute). On top of that, Lee and Canners have credit from doing a very proficient job at the end of last season (we got better after S/H's departure).

We currently have 11 points from our fist 8 games. In Scott and Hurst's first season the young managerial duo had garnered 14 from the first 10 - on course to be identical. After that tenth league game, we were knocked out the Cup at Lowestoft and people declared our season to be over (we were three points off the play-offs at the time). We were yet to win at home in the league, the crowd was constantly getting on players' backs and we were very close to a sub 1000 gate against Retford.

So almost exactly the same situation as this year, except at a lower level and with a budget that was actually bigger than the current one. An example of even the oft-quoted '10 games' figure being ridiculously early to judge a manager...

It's just exasperating and tiresome when people call for managers to be sacked at this point in the year merely because their team is three points off the play-offs target.

Also, a quick point of order on the budget. Yes, I'm sure that the cut was only very light. But last season we had Pearson and Church - arguably the two best players in the entire league - playing for much less than the highest wages in the league. Their inevitable departure means that the budget was, in effect, always going to be quite a lot less.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
Experiencing a bit of deja vu here...

Firstly, they won't get the sack anytime soon, mainly because David Newton is not absolutely mental. Tommy Taylor had until mid November, and that was in a team that was actually garbage, as opposed to this seemingly average one (which I'll come to in a minute). On top of that, Lee and Canners have credit from doing a very proficient job at the end of last season (we got better after S/H's departure).

We currently have 11 points from our fist 8 games. In Scott and Hurst's first season the young managerial duo had garnered 14 from the first 10 - on course to be identical. After that tenth league game, we were knocked out the Cup at Lowestoft and people declared our season to be over (we were three points off the play-offs at the time). We were yet to win at home in the league, the crowd was constantly getting on players' backs and we were very close to a sub 1000 gate against Retford.

So almost exactly the same situation as this year, except at a lower level and with a budget that was actually bigger than the current one. An example of even the oft-quoted '10 games' figure being ridiculously early to judge a manager...

It's just exasperating and tiresome when people call for managers to be sacked at this point in the year merely because their team is three points off the play-offs target.

Also, a quick point of order on the budget. Yes, I'm sure that the cut was only very light. But last season we had Pearson and Church - arguably the two best players in the entire league - playing for much less than the highest wages in the league. Their inevitable departure means that the budget was, in effect, always going to be quite a lot less.

This man, he talk sense in the cold light of the next day.  We're missing something and maybe only one player could change our fortunes for the better.  The back four have been tightened up in the last couple of weeks,  Hall seems to be growing into his deeper position.  The form of Semple and Holsgrove is a worry, as is the front two and the misfit that is Newsham who doesn't seem to hold the front position in the current set up or be good enough to play midfield at this level.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 01:42:28 PM »
Adam

You are obviously a true supporter as am I, but two comments.

1 Scott and Hurst had some experience and good contacts

2 Lee and Cannoville have neither.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
AdamO

You are obviously a true supporter as am I, but two comments.

1 Scott and Hurst had some experience and good contacts

2 Lee and Cannoville have neither.
1) not much tbh as most players were brought in from Ilson or Rotherham.
2) they are learning. Probably need extra homework.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »
I dont think we need new managers (yet  ;D) butwe do need a new striker, unfortunately Stones and Suarez is not going to win us many matches.

Reinforcements are needed if we are going to be able to compete with the likes of Vauxhall Motors.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
I dont think we need new managers (yet  ;D) butwe do need a new striker, unfortunately Stones and Suarez is not going to win us many matches.

Reinforcements are needed if we are going to be able to compete with the likes of Vauxhall Motors.

Jason Lee playing, and playing well, who'd have thought it!
And now Jordan Burrows  8)
Its taking shape. There will be bad days at the office, but thankfully we've got a chairman in charge who knows what he's doing   :dan

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »
NOT LONG IF THE RESULT STAYS THE SAME!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »
 Well I 've been blanked off 'United Live ' for asking  'when the Chairman was back ?  ' .
 Guess  I am just a cheeky boy ..

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »
Well I 've been blanked off 'United Live ' for asking  'when the Chairman was back ?  ' .
 Guess  I am just a cheeky boy ..

I have also been blanked asking, " will newton now get rid of these rookie managers"        they sure don't like straight questions,  just happy clappers.