Author Topic: Dudfield is back  (Read 17435 times)

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dudfield is back
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
Back on a match-by match basis according to BBC teletext.Lawrie will be o.k. we saw at the back end of last season he can still play at this level.I still think we are papering over the cracks to some extent though.If we really have aspirations for promotion i don't see where the goals are going to come from.
as much as i agree we we also have no cash

Why do we have no cash??According to the Chairman in the programme for the pre-season games,the budget has been cut "lightly".If this is so then i believe we should have a squad at least approaching the quality of last seasons.In a couple of positions i don't believe we have.

and how much profit have we been making?........................none, in fact it was a £250,000 loss

i would prefer a club with no debt and not having the chairmen constantly having to bail us out as its amazing what David and Neil have done for the club in the years that they have been with the club.

but hey lets get players on more money and build up the debt, sod the chairmen they'll constantly bail us out. think about it.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
Don't think we'll have any worries about his fitness.  He came in 'cold' last season against Telford and proved his fitness straight away.

Just don't let the new fitness coach at him, otherwise his hamstrings will be in danger  ;)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
I suspect the reason for tighter financial management this year is that the club have to prove to the grant awarding bodies there is a sustainable business plan to progress future plans for the new ground, hence the slight cut and extra fiscal prudence.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
Back on a match-by match basis according to BBC teletext.Lawrie will be o.k. we saw at the back end of last season he can still play at this level.I still think we are papering over the cracks to some extent though.If we really have aspirations for promotion i don't see where the goals are going to come from.
as much as i agree we we also have no cash

Why do we have no cash??According to the Chairman in the programme for the pre-season games,the budget has been cut "lightly".If this is so then i believe we should have a squad at least approaching the quality of last seasons.In a couple of positions i don't believe we have.

and how much profit have we been making?........................none, in fact it was a £250,000 loss

i would prefer a club with no debt and not having the chairmen constantly having to bail us out as its amazing what David and Neil have done for the club in the years that they have been with the club.

but hey lets get players on more money and build up the debt, sod the chairmen they'll constantly bail us out. think about it.
You seem to be missing the point-and going on to another one entirely.
This from the Chairman from the Wigan/Mansfield/Lincoln pre-season programme;
              "After the end of the season i did announce that the club must break even during this new financial year,and as a
                result there has been a light cut in the playing budget.This seems to have been interpreted by some fans as a
                "slashed budget" but i can assure everyone that the cut was VERY small and leaves the managers with a good
                workable budget for this league."

This suggests to me that we should therefore expect a squad of a similar quality to last seasons.I still believe that is not the case in a couple of positions and i know many who agree with me.No-one has suggested we break the bank or go into debt to make signings,and the Chairmans comment above would appear to back that up.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
If the budget has only been slighlty cut lets say 5% - on average one players wages. Last season we started with S and H as managers this year we have Lee and Cannovile, surely with Cannovile also being one of the players saving money on the playing budget the rest of the squad should be like for like both in terms of wages and quality. Going on the above theory personally I also feel we don't seem to have quite got the value for money we did under S and H.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
I think, highlighted in the last two posts, we are missing something here.  Pearson and Church would not have been on a kings ransom yet they are/were clearly better players than their pay-grade suggested.

To take a drop, however slight, will mean that this years squad will have to go some to match the same level of overall quality.  It might yet, we will only know come 10/15 games in possibly longer?

After watching him for the first time on Saturday Holsgrove has the quality and the potential to be worth more than Church/Pearson especially as in the main forwards command better fee's etc.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »
Early days but Milnes may turn out a more accomplished midfielder than Church .

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
Early days but Milnes may turn out a more accomplished midfielder than Church .

Exactly, we have a few that might reach if not pass the level of those before.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »
I think, highlighted in the last two posts, we are missing something here.  Pearson and Church would not have been on a kings ransom yet they are/were clearly better players than their pay-grade suggested.

To take a drop, however slight, will mean that this years squad will have to go some to match the same level of overall quality.  It might yet, we will only know come 10/15 games in possibly longer?

After watching him for the first time on Saturday Holsgrove has the quality and the potential to be worth more than Church/Pearson especially as in the main forwards command better fee's etc.

About time someone thought B4 they posted

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:17 PM »
For those obsessed with having a bigger budget check Gainsboro score tonight.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
For those obsessed with having a bigger budget check Gainsboro score tonight.

"Brian Little Football Genius"

First managerial casualty of the season?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »

I don't disagree with your comments.We are all aware we were getting great value out of Church and Pearson and replacing them with like for like would have been virtually impossible.For what it's worth i am happy with the majority of the new signings,midfield looks o.k.,particularly with Danny Sleath yet to come back.However i would ask you,and others for that matter,if you think we have replaced lets say SWD and/or Kieran Murphy with players of equal or similar ability??.I personally don't think so.My point was that according to the Chairman we could break even but still provide the managers with a budget
competitive enough to again go for promotion-i'm not sure that's so given the lack of quality in a couple of areas.It's not necessarily the budget i'm questioning-it's perhaps more the way it's been spent.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
 they will up his budget to guarantee results inprove .

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
It's not necessarily the budget i'm questioning-it's perhaps more the way it's been spent.

100% with you on this.  But only time will tell on that, if you look back on paper when S&H made signings it was either kids from Rotherham or some lad from Stamford who cost us money!  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
Three things for us to ponder ,
1  why did,nt any league club come in for Pearson ?
2    ditto                 Church
3   SWP still has not got fixed up with a non-league club.

Did some of us overrate them. ?