Author Topic: GTFC GK  (Read 3392 times)

gtfcboy

• View Profile
GTFC GK
« on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Hi Boston fans, I'm a die hard Mariner, and was wondering if any of you could answer the question in which noone round here can give me an answer to.

In our Youth Team, we have a 16 year old GK from Boston (Harry Ashton), and on the GTFC official website, it states that he is a Boston United fan, and i was wondering if anyone knows if the partnership RS+PH snatched him from you as well as Church and Pearson??

And if so, has anyone ever seen him play?

thanks and regards

Steve Dunham

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GTFC GK
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
Not sure you'll find anyone on this forum who has seen him play.As far as i am aware he's been with GTFC at least since he was 13 years old.He is the younger brother of ex-BUFC youth player Simon Ashton.

gtfcboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »
Oh,  that's very surprising, so it's all just down to coincidence. Is it likely for us to get the other Ashton also?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
Oh,  that's very surprising, so it's all just down to coincidence. Is it likely for us to get the other Ashton also?
Unlikely,Simon looked a decent prospect,but was released by S&H not that long before they left.He's now at Ridgeons League Wisbech Town.

gtfcboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I've just spoke to a few fans on the forum at GTFC, and they claim that H.A is a very bright and confident GK, very strong attributes in certain area's like kicking, but still has a lot to improve on before making the first team! But has never played for BUFC, but on the forum it says H.A told a fan, that he is happy to play for GTFC, but will never stop following BUFC, very strange that he joined GTFC at a young age over the team he supports!! But hey, one clubs loss, is another clubs gain, we need all the youngsters we can get, after the cut budget!

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
Hi Boston fans, I'm a die hard Mariner,

Do you look like Bruce Willis?

gtfcboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
So some people say, why is this? Am I famous in Boston as well as Grimsby!!

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
Probably think the reason he is with you is that he has been picked up by your scouts, not sure on this one but think he has been with our keeper's (Paul Bastock) coaching 'school' and joined you from there. Think the reason he made his comment i :)s the lad is Boston born and bred

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
His dad Andy played for Tranmere Rovers in his younger days!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
There was me thinking he'd played for them in the future...