Author Topic: O/T News of the World to close after Sunday's edition  (Read 2384 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T News of the World to close after Sunday's edition
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
Feel sorry the present staff who weren't involved with the hackings!will miss the free nail polish in the magazine now!

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »
Oh don't worry KON. it will reappear as The Sun on Sunday. You will still be able to get your worthless freebies. Why do you buy such polluted garbage, do you want Murdoch to run the country, as he is attempting to do?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »
Despite all of the current goings on, people miss the big picture. News organisations controlling of the news and politics ought to be investigated. Murdoch et al want to control the political agenda..... and increasingly they do.
Politicians around the world full over themselves to get into bed with News Corps, to get themselves supported by his media outlets. He destroys the lives of politicians, celebrities and ordinary people.

I feel for the 200 or so made redundant, but that is want happens when you sit with the devil.

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:13:13 AM »
it's long been muted around media circles that NOTW was to be shaken up , the hacking scandal has been a godsend for the Murdoch's , they can use it as the excuse they needed to cull the waste . A 7 day a week version of the Sun has been in "planning" for at least 6 months

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »
The Sun's no paper for a football supporter, whatever day of the week. Whenever I see that rag, I remember the front page after Hillsborough. I'm no Liverpool fan, but I am a fan of humanity.