Author Topic: Ex players postings!  (Read 3360 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ex players postings!
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »
Getting fed up with people wanting former players back at club! Parker,Joachim,Millson and Woody! Let's move forward and bring some new faces in!!!

Gus

• View Profile
Re: Ex players postings!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
People generally, are not saying they WANT them back but if they can prove their worth and fitness then I think it only right that they be given a chance.

After all, not one of them has been signed yet.

Always look on the brighter side of life!!!!!!!

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »
it's not what we want it is what we can afford! think these players would struggle but seems to me as though we are only looking to consolidate the place we have in BSN. im certainly not saying this is a bad thing as i would like to have stadium matters sorted before moving up more so were not just throwing money away on rent when it could be spent on wages and other bills etc.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Spot on because DN will not spend what we haven't got.  Otherwise we will be back on the road to ruin and none of us would be happy at that scenario.
At the recent sponsor's evening DN stated that we are still running at a seasonal loss but that it is getting smaller.  But it is a DEFICIT.
 The majority of fans are happy that the club is being run on a realistic budget.  We would all like to attract bigname players but have to realise the cost involved wouldn't make good reading against our current income.
My gut feeling is that we shall have to wait until we relocate and get rid of our crippling rent, before attempting to get back to where we were.
In the meantime, let's remember where we were 4 years ago.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
Spot on because DN will not spend what we haven't got.  Otherwise we will be back on the road to ruin and none of us would be happy at that scenario.
At the recent sponsor's evening DN stated that we are still running at a seasonal loss but that it is getting smaller.  But it is a DEFICIT.
 The majority of fans are happy that the club is being run on a realistic budget.  We would all like to attract bigname players but have to realise the cost involved wouldn't make good reading against our current income.
My gut feeling is that we shall have to wait until we relocate and get rid of our crippling rent, before attempting to get back to where we were.
In the meantime, let's remember where we were 4 years ago.
Don't disagree with any of that,but let's play devils advocate for a moment.Those that post on here are what i guess you would call pretty dedicated,if they weren't they probably wouldn't bother registering for this forum.I would guess a lot on here are those who support fund raising events,buy replica shirts,season tickets etc.However we also have others perhaps less dedicated(if that's the right word)who just want to turn up and watch a game,and yes,sometimes have a moan.Not all will be as understanding as some on here.A season in mid table would,i believe see a fall in gates,which could lead us towards budget cuts the following seson.It's a fine line to walk.I would hate to see the feel good factor we've had around the Club for the last couple years dissipate.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Agree with OCM but still think people should give each player a chance Liam Parker never let us down

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
Agree with OCM but still think people should give each player a chance Liam Parker never let us down

Neither Have J.J,J.S or MW!!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »
Well there we go then we gotta give people a chance if no good get rid