Author Topic: New Ground ?  (Read 2502 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Ground ?
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
  Can it be explained  to me how getting a  new ground would put the Club in a ' better financial position '  ?
   Someone in Charge has to pay for it  .. and incur the Club  a debt on it presumably  ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:15:41 PM by father Ted »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: New Ground ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
 Can it be explained  to me how getting a  new ground would put the Club in a ' better financial position '  ?
   Someone in Charge has to pay for it  .. and incur the Club  a debt on it presumably  ?

It's all about income streams FT. Did you not listen to anything that Uncle John told us ;D. Seriously if they build it and adhere to all the FA rules and regs(now that would have been a non starter under Uncle John) they should get a decent grant from the football trust. The rest would have to be either a gift from a benefactor or a sustainable loan, which is where the income streams come in. My god was he right all along?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »
Development of comercial premises wich will be leased or sold.
Extra income from the ground as the idea is to have it used for more than just match days.
72k current rent.

Plenty of adds and subtract will give you a figure that will have a dept that is well managed with surplus income, or even better a good sale of comerciel premises could even wipe a current dept out.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
I know we all want success on the pitch but, being able to end next season financially in the black would arguably be the greatest achievement in the clubs history. Remember the debt, it seemed insurmountable and the club was doomed, and I must admit when I attended the press conference when David and Neil took it over I questioned their sanity.
We need a new ground with time running out but we will never get the grants required to build one until the books show that the club is being run in the correct manner.
I went to the recent accademy tournament and have never seen so many youngsters playing football in a wonderfully organised event it really was a feather in the cap of BUFC. The club have so many teams of varying abilities that encompasses the entire community and it is the way this area of the clubs development has moved forward that will give the club every chance of securing the grants that will enable a new ground.
It is the intention of David and Neil to expand all activities that will put the club at the very centre of the Boston community and it is this kind of expansion that will go a long way towards the various foundations comming forth with the required funds.
Sorry Ive gone on a bit but everyone should look at the whole picture so it is understood how the board have had to approach saving the club and moving it forward.