Author Topic: The Lincoln City Echo...........  (Read 4732 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
The Lincoln City Echo...........
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »
couldn't bring themselves round to calling the Imps Non lge so they have changed their headings we are all now under Football how pathetic is that. :dan
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Lincoln City Echo...........
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »
It is a terrible rag anyway, it has only ever concerned itself with the goings on in Lincoln, the rest of the county barely gets a mention.

The BUFC journalist is a joke with his match reports, I sometimes wonder whether he actually attends games.

One of his gems towards the end of the season was along the lines of "James Cullingworth was in his customary left back role".  I posted on the Echo site under the story to point out that Gareth Jelleyman was in the side that day, and playing at left back as usual (Cully was at right back that day) and I did ask how he could get that so wrong, and whether he had actually attended the  game.

There was no response to the post!!!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »
Is it Whiley? Give him some credit he said Boston would beat Lincoln if they met each other!

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
Can assure you that the echo have had a reporter at every game this season. No report is perfect as it is one person's opinion so just lay off em a bit.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
none are as good as when i used to write the match reports for the target  ;) ;D

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
I think considering the Echo is a Lincoln paper, we get excellent coverage.

Don't really understand what is so outrageous about having Lincoln, Boston and Gainsborough under a heading which says football!!!

Other teams with gates just as good as us get hardly any coverage in some areas....most clubs at this level would be delighted to have anywhere near the web, radio and newspaper coverage we get.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »
I think considering the Echo is a Lincoln paper, we get excellent coverage.

Don't really understand what is so outrageous about having Lincoln, Boston and Gainsborough under a heading which says football!!!

Other teams with gates just as good as us get hardly any coverage in some areas....most clubs at this level would be delighted to have anywhere near the web, radio and newspaper coverage we get.

The point is we were under NON LGE until Lincoln got relegated and they coudln't bring themselves round to calling LCFC NON LGE. The Lincolnshire Echo is a Lincolnshire paper not just Lincoln. If it is only a Lincoln paper why do they keep door knocking in Coningsby to try and get people to buy it?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »
Well as all the clubs they cover are non league it would seem a bit pointless having a non league heading!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »
Yes Shippy I agree, I have spoken to Mark Whiley at most away games and He is always fully behind us and would love nothing better than to see us do well.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:30 AM »
Can assure you that the echo have had a reporter at every game this season. No report is perfect as it is one person's opinion so just lay off em a bit.

His opinions are not my issue with the article Shippy, it is just his reporting of the basic facts - how difficult is it to report that a certain player started in a certain position within the line-up?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
I agree with wembley rubbish paper with no thought put into it. I bought it once read the rubbish never ever again would I waste my hard earned on that shite. And as fir this rubbish about coverage at our level few teams are as big as us at this level. More to the point bbc lincoln city and the shocking echo only have non league teams so y shouldn't we get our fair share??

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
I dont really see a issue, Last season there was 2 types of teams Non league and football league, know theres only one type. Why use more words than you need to