Author Topic: being part time  (Read 4257 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
being part time
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »
I guess one main problem is attracting good players on a part-time basis. Hopefully the 2 lee's will be able to recruit decent stuff from below as well as taking the odd gem from higher leagues

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: being part time
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »
On the plus side, we won't go bust. It's a small consolation!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Agreed-and that's the newton/kempster factor. I just-like everyone- hope that we can get a team that can go for the title. Every year there seems to be a club that gets bankrolled-despite poor attendences. I know we are lucky to even have a club but it would be nice to be playing grimsby lincoln etc....

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
thats a BIG consolation!!!....now the manner and rawness of the play-offs is slowly eroding away,its right that we carrying on building foundations to keep this great club on a good financial footing.That said i would have taken promotion if offered but another season in Blue Sq North aint the end of the world.Im just pleased i witnessed one great drama of emotions,great football,great support and great goals seen at our place on Sun!!!!cracking stuff.....THANK YOU CHAIRMAN

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
Yes i agree

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »
That part time team of ours was far superior to most of the full time teams we had.  Passion, workrate, ability and they could play a little.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:12:36 AM »
When you look at the state of some of the clubs at league 1 and 2 level, perhaps the conference and league 2 should be part time, thank god we have a chairman who cares enough to protect the club for the future.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:16:33 AM »
any body see the Alan Sugar thing about football clubs?

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »

Very worrying to hear some of the attitudes of people involved in the premier league football.
It ennoys me immensely to think of the amount of debts these big clubs accumulate and yet aren't accountable to anyone, even the taxman. On the other hand look at non league clubs such as Ilkeston, and other smaller clubs being punished for much smaller debts. I would love to see these bigger teams punished for their financial conduct. 
I realise it would be more realistic for myself to be prosecuted for owing Inland Revenue a £1 rather than anyone challenge these big clubs arrogance and irresponsible behavior, amassing rediculous levels of debt. Since when has it been acceptable to run a buisness and not pay your bills. If it was you or I running that businesss, we'd have the book thrown at us and disqualified from running a business. Unfortunately we live in a world full of double standards. The wealthy people running these massive football clubs can seemingly delay paying their debt and do so when they please.

With Dave and Neil, we're in capable hands. And aren't we lucky to have them on board !

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 05:16:13 PM »
Pity Mr Sugar didn't speak out when he was Chairman of Spurs. People in glass houses...........
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »

Very worrying to hear some of the attitudes of people involved in the premier league football.
It ennoys me immensely to think of the amount of debts these big clubs accumulate and yet aren't accountable to anyone, even the taxman. On the other hand look at non league clubs such as Ilkeston, and other smaller clubs being punished for much smaller debts. I would love to see these bigger teams punished for their financial conduct. 
I realise it would be more realistic for myself to be prosecuted for owing Inland Revenue a £1 rather than anyone challenge these big clubs arrogance and irresponsible behavior, amassing rediculous levels of debt. Since when has it been acceptable to run a buisness and not pay your bills. If it was you or I running that businesss, we'd have the book thrown at us and disqualified from running a business. Unfortunately we live in a world full of double standards. The wealthy people running these massive football clubs can seemingly delay paying their debt and do so when they please.

With Dave and Neil, we're in capable hands. And aren't we lucky to have them on board !

Funny you mention the Tax man and his pursuit of the little man while letting the big boys get away with millions in unpaid debt......

I had all of Lisa's affairs in order.......except for the Tax.........well before Xmas. And I'd have had that tidied up too if they'd fed me the right information. Anyway, after about 10 phone calls, God knows how many letters and a visit to the Tax Office in town they gave me her final tax bill.

80p

And would I like to pay it in installments?

Oh and a £100 late payment penalty for doing exactly as they told me!!!!