Author Topic: And the winner is.....  (Read 6559 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
And the winner is.....
« on: May 11, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
Announcement at 10am - from Craig on Facebook.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: And the winner is.....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »
Announcement at 10am - from Craig on Facebook.

Bugger that's quick
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »
Hopefully it would be to announce a video link to the Sports Bar tomos . . like  2 years ago ?
  Yes ..a bit archaic just to announce it .
      My moneys on Paul Cox ..

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »
Jason and Lee were interviewed last night.

My money is on them

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
Jason and Lee it is

well done chaps

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »
I suppose 'an announcement'  would cover that then  I .S ..

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lee and Canoville
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
rticle Date: 11 May 2011
newsphoto1011 canoville lee appointment permanent jpg

First Team Managers

Boston United are delighted to confirm the appointments of Jason Lee and Lee Canoville as the club’s new first team managers.

The duo — who had been in caretaker charge of the Pilgrims since the departures of Rob Scott and Paul Hurst in March — were confirmed as the club’s joint managers at the completion of an interview process where a further five applicants had been considered for the role.

Lee (40) and Canoville (30) guided United to a third place finish in Blue Square Bet North before tumbling out of play-off contention on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 aggregate draw against Guiseley.

The Nottingham-based pairing now have the opportunity to embark on an assault at the 2011-2012 campaign — with the futures of out-of-contract players set to be decided.

Reflecting on the duo’s permanent appointments, chairman David Newton told bufc.co.uk: “We are delighted to confirm that Jason and Lee are the club’s new management team.

“Both men have worked hard over recent weeks in steadying the ship initially and then seeing our aim of reaching the play-off final ended only by the lottery of a penalty shootout.

“We always maintained that we would take the job to the market and I would like to thank all those that applied for the position and in particular those that attended the interviews.

“This was a difficult process for us to conclude, particularly when faced with the dilemma of appointing inexperienced managers over those with a proven track record. However, we believe that Jason and Lee have demonstrated to us that they have all the right attributes to be successful and we will all do our very best to support them in their new roles.

“We wish them every success and now look forward to seeing them assemble their squad ahead of the new season.”

Following a successful two-year stint with the Pilgrims in the Football League, Lee returned to the club in October 2010, but opted to retire shortly afterwards due to personal reasons.

He returned to The Jakemans Stadium once again in March 2011 following the departures of Scott and Hurst — and linked up with former team-mate Canoville in the process.

Canoville has made 147 appearances for the Pilgrims during two spells to date and will continue to play in 2011-2012.

Stay tuned to bufc.co.uk for reaction from United’s new permanent management team, plus impending news on the club’s retained list and details regarding the sale of season tickets for 2011-2012...

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »
now they have to talk pearson into staying along with the rest of the team  :bunny

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
Well I would have gone for a Nottm based management in general .
  We  won't be getting players from S Yorks any more . . S&H will mop those up .

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
I'm delighted Jason and Lee have got the job.It's clear they both care a great deal about Boston United.They understand the ethos of the club.There is a spirit around the club that i have never seen in all the time i have been watching Boston United,and hopefully this appointment will help that to continue and grow.Hopefully this will also help to persuade more of the current squad to stay.There are bound to be questions regarding experience/contacts-but those questions were also asked of S&H.Let's remember to be patient.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
Yes i agree ime to get behind then even if next season dont start to well im sure they will get it right

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »
I wonder if all the players,when interviewed by Craig,saying give the job to Jase and Canners swayed DN in any way?? We may keep hold of a large number of players now they have got the job ..

Congrats to both of them,onwards and upwards :)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
Congratulations and good luck to Lee and Canners, a good appointment IMO. S&H may have built the team and had almost 2 years of success but under Jason and Lee I thought we played better football (less emphasis on keeping it tight and going back to front quickly). Don't think S&H would of got any better results than what they did either. They also got the best out of some players who had been struggling most notably Semple and Yates.

The test will be if they can get players in to replace those leaving who are as good, Church and Pearson being the most difficult to replace. Should be an interesting season ahead...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »
Definitely gives us the greatest chance of keeping more of the squad

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
Once again our chairman has done us proud.

Congratulations to Jason and Canners, here's to the future lads but not too succesful too quick, we'd like you to be with us for than 18 months.

Ever onward and upward with the Pilgrims