Author Topic: clean sheets  (Read 3246 times)

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
clean sheets
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
am i right in saying thats seven shut outs in a row for james mckeown , if so does it set or challenge any club records ?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: clean sheets
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »
It is indeed seven consecutive clean sheets and it may well be a new club record.

The best I've spotted on a quick trawl through the archives is a run of six by Gerry Stewart in 1976/7.

There's a run of eight games without conceding in 1979/80, but only six of those are by Gerry Stewart (again), the other two are by Kevin Fox (no relation).

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:29:04 PM »
And with the greatest of respect to the current side I'm afraid that side Gerry was in was in a different class to the current one.

Thats an honest opinion, this is a good side don't get me wrong, and I think we can win this league if we get the rub of the green (has anyone seen a better side than us yet after 12 games?), but those mid 70's teams were something else. Probably the best we've ever had.

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
We should have gone to Wembley in that 79/80 season with the team we had,
and did we really play away at Barrow on the Sunday after losing in the semi final
on the Saturday  :o

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »
We should have gone to Wembley in that 79/80 season with the team we had,
and did we really play away at Barrow on the Sunday after losing in the semi final
on the Saturday  :o

It appears so.

Also noticeable that we went away to Barrow, Maidstone and then Weymouth in the space of a week. Now that must have been some serious mileage. One for Ken perhaps, have we ever travelled further over the course of seven days?