Author Topic: SHAMEFULL  (Read 11811 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: SHAMEFULL
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:59 PM »
Am I the only one who thought that Nuneaton were one of the best teams to visit Boston in a long time?

I thought they were quicker and better organised.

I am taking nothing away from us, if we had more of the run of the ball we would have got something from the game.

I am going down the bookies and having a small bet on Nuneaton to win the league.

Their second goal involved about ten passes.

A very entertaining match, pity about the time wasting >:(
BPA last season where much better when they played us here and Retford where as good. As I say the right team won on the night but it'll be a different game at theirs. They where good but I wouldn't say they'd win the league based on that performance.

You've got to remember that Wilkin their manager was their manager when they came 7th when we last played at Conf North level. So he's an experienced manager who already knows this league. Rob and Paul are still young and are still learning and I'm sure they'll have identified where it went wrong last night and will be taking the steps to put it right.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
In the 1st half it was a pity we failed to make all the possession count. We totally dominated the 1st half yet, somehow we managed to go into the dressing room a goal down. We played some good passing football up until we reached their box and that's where we failed. With the exception of Canners fantastic shot and Hunters goal, we simply were'nt decisive enough in the final 3rd. Every time the ball found itself in their box, very few times did it actually land at a boston players foot. Perhaps that was just poor fortune in some peoples eyes, I disagree. The quality of deliveries was generally poor and having Danny up front was doing nothing to help our cause. Long ball stuff is not pretty and it was the wrong tactic to use against Nuneaton who soon worked out that Danny was the target for these long balls. They defended well and took their chances basically. They're far from a top team in this league and we should of punished them last night. At one nil up in the second half, they seemed quite relaxed and happy with that score, this is when we needed to bring on a substitute and change our tactics up front. I was surprised when they left Danny on and took Yatesy off, who was playing very well. Nuneaton knew exactly how to play us and they did it well, fair play to them. However we'll come across much more stronger teams than them and tonight was a reality check for us. Let's hope Newsh returns soon, we're missing him greatly I believe.
Let's hope we have a more successful bank holiday weekend.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 12:52:57 PM »
Ive no particular gripes about the result.Nuneaton did time waste,but that isn't unusual in opponents coming to YS,and is for the ref to deal with.Unfortunately last night,the ref let them get way with it.I thought Nuneaton were well organised,closed us down quickly,and were quick on the break.You couldn't fault any of our players for effort last night,but collectively we were not on our game for some reason.It was also one of those games when every loose ball and every rebound seemed to fall to a Nuneaton player.First home defeat this calender year,and only our third overall in that time.Disappointing,but not the end of the world.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
I'm not sure Nuneaton were the best side we've played, but they were far more clinical in front of goal than most. They didn't create that many chances apart from the goals that they scored. Boston on the other had forced a lot of corners but didn't really make them count. Nuneaton 's first goal was well worked and caught us very much on the break.

As the match wore on Nuneaton did waste a lot of time and the ref was very lenient with them. When their full-back went down injured near the Spayne Road snack bar, I can't quite work out how he managed to get away with limping off the pitch on the opposite side of the goal mouth. If that wasn't time wasting, I don't know what was. And every time the ball went out for a goal-kick the Nuneaton keeper was more interested in having a drink than retrieving the ball.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:05:52 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »
Not sure if this is over-critical, but when we have only Danny or Mikel available, and the system isn't working, do we lack a proper plan B (or C)?

Last year, a lot of the time one of the big men would start, and then be subbed off after 60/70 minutes. Since Mikel's injury, we can't do that. Weir Daley and Hunter up front on Saturday?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »
Not sure if this is over-critical, but when we have only Danny or Mikel available, and the system isn't working, do we lack a proper plan B (or C)?

Last year, a lot of the time one of the big men would start, and then be subbed off after 60/70 minutes. Since Mikel's injury, we can't do that. Weir Daley and Hunter up front on Saturday?
Bit harsh ;DSeriosly,normally,like last season,we do have a plan B and C.Let's remember we're also missing Newsham at the moment which is not helping in terms of options.(or goals)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »
In the incident you mention LP the physio was going to take the player to the snack bar side of the goal but the ref directed him to the other side the goal , 

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »
Am I the only one who thought that Nuneaton were one of the best teams to visit Boston in a long time?

I thought they were quicker and better organised.

I am taking nothing away from us, if we had more of the run of the ball we would have got something from the game.

I am going down the bookies and having a small bet on Nuneaton to win the league.

Their second goal involved about ten passes.

A very entertaining match, pity about the time wasting >:(

I agree with that.  Think the draw would have been a fair result.  Their second was certainly off the players arm.

They played with th e ball, kept it and didn't rush their passes.

Boston seemed top be playing a game of "hot potato" with the ball - they couldn't get rud of it fast enough.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »
In the incident you mention LP the physio was going to take the player to the snack bar side of the goal but the ref directed him to the other side the goal , 

Newshem injured.
Hunter half fit.
Mikel injured.
SWD openly admits he aint fully fit yet.

all in all if someone was gonna say your gonna win your first 3, break a record play your first 2 home games in front of 1600 and your first defeat would be against  anuth good size club going in the right direction i think i would have snatched at it .

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

Maybe at times like this were we have strikers struggling for fitness if were chasing a game +plan A in Mikel/DD is not working and the other option of ' big-man' is not avaliable for whatever reason, maybe try Pearson up top ?, Can win a header and for a centre back i think he has decent feet.

bb1

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »
Just an observation but when we beat Durham by 10 we lost the next game to Kendal. Then we went on an unbeaten run. We have just beaten Redditch by 9 lost the next match hope we go true to form and go on another match winning run. after all were going to lose some as are all teams in our league. We have been unlucky with injuries so early in the season.I for one think it was just a blip on Tuesday sure all concerned will     have learned from it a positive was Hunters goal can only give him confidence like him 

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
 B-T , I suggested Pearson as def midfield  late last season .. tho the lad may have a reaction now after doing so well last term .
   Is Canners still quick enough playing wide ? If not he may become a fill -in at the back .
    I would start more def at Harrogate  ..team anyone ?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:09:24 AM by father Ted »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 01:34:04 PM »
I'd leave Pearson where he is - he's not broke, so why try and fix him?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
I'd leave Pearson where he is - he's not broke, so why try and fix him?

my suggestion is only if we're chasing a game with 10ish mins left

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:45 AM »
He went up front for the last few minutes on Tuesday...