Author Topic: Scouting  (Read 5263 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Scouting
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »
Anyone notice that Mickey Adams was at the match last night,and who is he interested in?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scouting
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:25:07 PM »
Who does he manage now? Shaun Pearson looks capable of playing in the football league, the lad has everything good vision, pace, can tackle well, he's strong and young. Only problem being that any offer wouldn't be substantial as I believe all the players only got one year deals in the summer.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
Think he's still at Port Vale

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
Yeah he's still at Port Vale

A couple of our players would be capable of the step up but my money would be on Churchy or Pearson

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »
A bit worrying that the players only got 1 year?

Does this mean that the managers aren't making plans for after next summer, and may not be here.

Also gives us little protection against players leaving. SWD, Church and Pearson could all make the step up

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »
A bit worrying that the players only got 1 year?

I think you have to remember that we are playing a step higher than last year with much the same squad. If we find some players cannot cut it then it would not be wise to be saddled with them for a couple of years.

Yes I agree that some players may leave - the only impact being getting less money for them - as very few teams will try to stop their players going to a higher level if they have the chance and want it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:13:14 PM »
Handing out two year comtracts we may finish up like Lincoln C and have lots of dead wood on the books we can,t unload.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »
Handing out two year comtracts we may finish up like Lincoln C and have lots of dead wood on the books we can,t unload.
Or like here the season before last.

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
Perhaps he just wanted to see a good entertaining side for a change. (Boston of course, not them others)

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »
There was also a scout from Brighton and Hove Albion there on Saturday

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »

FACT: Mickey Adams lives in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. I know this because he took Port Vale to play a pre-season friendly at Harborough Town this summer, and it attracted the largest crowd in Harborough's history. It was in the local paper.

FACT: There are not many games played on a Monday night, and with Hinckley only a short distance from his home address I'm not too surprised he was there (though I personally didn't see him). It doesn't necessarily mean he was watching anyone in particular.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 08:56:12 AM »
1 year deals also gives the players something to fight for - they can't sit back thinking they have another year to go whatever they do.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »

FACT: Mickey Adams lives in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. I know this because he took Port Vale to play a pre-season friendly at Harborough Town this summer, and it attracted the largest crowd in Harborough's history. It was in the local paper.

FACT: There are not many games played on a Monday night, and with Hinckley only a short distance from his home address I'm not too surprised he was there (though I personally didn't see him). It doesn't necessarily mean he was watching anyone in particular.

I now live in Market Harborough and can confirm both of these statements to be true!  :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:06:31 AM »
Young side making the step up a level to the first real step on the ladder away from pub league.  I'm not surprised some are just taking a peak to see what they might dig up.

Most have had a go at the higher levels and dropped down, we're still a big club so it'll take a decent offer of first team football from the leagues above to prize them away.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.