Author Topic: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?  (Read 16590 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »
First of all, let me make it clear that I think Rob Scott and Paul Hurst have been a breath of fresh air since they joined the club. They've handled themselves well, made good decisions and assembled a promotion-winning team.

However, I am a bit worried about the behaviour of Scott on the touchline. I didn't go to Gainsborough so can't comment on his sending off but I was at Sheffield a couple of weeks ago to see him aggressively lambasting both referee and linesman throughout the course of the game.

It's great to have a passionate manager but at Sheffield he reminded me a bit of You Know Who. Is it time for the Chairman to have a quiet word in his ear? It'd be a shame to let down all the good work they've done rebuilding the club by getting a reputation again....

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »
I was pretty much thinking the same myself.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
Agree totally. I've sat not far behind him at home matches and i do think he goes way to far. This is supposed to be a community/family club, i'm pleased i don't take young children to listen to all the swearing. Get involved, get them motivated but please try and cut out the bad language.
Perhaps we should have a swear box in the dugout, £1 in every time you swear.  :D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »
That said, I seem to recall after the Kendal away game (which I wasn't at but am prepared to believe everyone who said the ball was over the line) he refused to blame our defeat on the officials, saying we should have put our other chances away, or somesuch. I was impressed with that.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
Hang on here. I'm not questioning his commitment, or his skill as very good manager. I just think he could and should curb the swearing. As they say, it's not big and it's not clever!

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
Lets get the club Chaplin or Rocking Rev on the case .

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »
No, love Rob Scott's passion.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
it don't fuss me one bit if im honest

its no worse than what people shout from the terraces and obviosly RS is as passionate as anyone so i don't see the problem

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »
seems like good cop bad cop dont see hurst shouting only when its warrented,but if it gets the job done then so be it.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
At Gainsborough there was a challenge fairly early in the game on Jamie Yates, that was so late it was virtually half-time before there was any impact. It was a horrible challenge and could easily have caused a nasty injury, but the referee chose not to book the Gainsborough player. And yet during the second half the referee starts dishing out cards like confetti to players who express an opinion to him. In the grand scheme of things, which offence is most deserving of a booking? And you can certainly see why managers in general - and not just Rob Scott - become frustrated.

Referees apply the letter of the law as they're taught and don't change their minds, and therefore it is pointless any manager arguing the point with them. Perhaps Rob Scott does need to find another way of curbing some of his aggression. But equally I think its time FIFA took a long hard look at the rules of the game as a lot of the frustration shared by all managers could be eliminated with a few simple rule tweaks and a directive to allow officials to officiate using their own common sense.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
as long as RS aint up to any funny buisness like SE who really cares ?

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »
.............I agree with Big-Tom.....Hes worked wonders at our club since he arrived....dont knock him....

knock

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
Was sat pretty much behind the incident on Saturday, if a ban and fine are not forthcoming, then football is in a worse state than I thought!   No player or manager has the right to abuse the officials like that, however bad the refs performance is, which it wasn’t in this case.  The guy was sent off and refused to go.  Refs do not need to explain every decision to players and managers, especially if he is being abused at the time.  If the ref misses something, you have to live with it, he can’t change his mind, mistakes happen. If football want better refs than maybe they should respect them more and maybe football should be a little bit more honest. Decisions go for you and against you.  The penalty was the same, correct decision yet, 5 players then want to put their expert opinion in on the matter.  Until these players and coaches are yellow/red carded they will persist.  I am afraid this happens from the premiership down to junior football. 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »
No
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:31 AM »
From a personal point of view I don't think Rob should keep on having a go at the officials, I know it's all about the passion and he has plenty of that, but you are not going to change the referee's mind. You just have to accept it, albeit you are fuming if it leads to a goal. The referee on Saturday was awful, running around with a smirk on his face all the game, making wrong decisions throughout the game!

The decision for Gainsborough's penalty was awful, for a start when the long throw came in from the left, the centre half at the near post pushed both of our defenders out of the way meaning everyone missed it and it fell to Danny Sleath who controlled it on his chest and cleared the ball, from the position where the ref was standing he couldn't see whether Danny controlled it with his arm or chest and that's why every defender was complaining to the ref, because Danny had chested it down! I also agree that there was some pretty tough challenges out there and they went unpunished yet he chose to book players for any comment towards him.

It made me laugh when in the dying moments of the game I thought that Gainsborough should have been awarded a penalty and the ref decided to wave play on! Personally I think he knew he had made a mistake on the first one so he couldn't give a second one! Overall I thought the boys were far superior than Gainsborough and the two goals were real quality. I'm really looking forward to the season watching a young side play entertaining football, and our target has to be the play-offs. i am sure Rob and Paul are aiming for that at least.

Enjoy the season and give the lads your encouragement.