Author Topic: Trinity aiming higher  (Read 3465 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Trinity aiming higher
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
Looks like gainsborough are going for a more physical approach for next season,with the signing of several tall.strong players ranging from 6ft to 6ft 4ins across all areas of the park Leon Hibbert 6.4,Gavin Cowan 6.4,Emeka Nwadiki 6,Leon Mettam 6,Sam Aiston 6.2 plus others to come. Swann states it will be necessary to compete at this level because of the physical nature of other sides in this league.Looks like they will try and kick lumps out of us.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity aiming higher
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »
Seem to be spending an awful lot of money for a club supposedly cutting their wage bill by 25%.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »
Could be a case of this year or bust
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
The taller they come the easier it will be for our littleuns to run between their legs. Have you also noticed that in general the taller a person is the slower they can run.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
The taller they come the easier it will be for our littleuns to run between their legs. Have you also noticed that in general the taller a person is the slower they can run.

Try telling that to Usain Bolt :D :D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bob Lee

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:10 PM »
You could be right, I am 6 foot and run as slow as shit, mind you I am knocking on 60 ;D

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 05:31:07 AM »
You could be right, I am 6 foot and run as slow as shit, mind you I am knocking on 60 ;D

Bob, all i can say is i'm late 50's and when i've had a touch of the 10 bob bits, i can run like Usain Bolt!!  ;D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:37:25 AM »

Slight change of subject, but are footballers in general getting taller?

We've had Ben Futcher at Boston (6'7"). Peter Crouch is 6'7", as was the centre-half Dennis Lawrence at Wrexham and Swansea. There's a guy at Wolves (whose name I won't even attempt to spell) who is 6'8", and Koller, a main stay in the Czech national team for several years, I believe was also 6'8".

Back in the early 80s through to the mid 90s - when I first started watching football - I can't remember any players being this tall. Were there any? Is football becoming the new basketball?

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »
Footballers have to be able to run fast so they can get home before John Terry gets there.
People in general are getting taller. In Lord Nelsons day folk were short because there was lettle head room for the crew although there must still be a demand for short arses. A couple of years ago I was visiting a distillery in Scotland and asked to join a coach party for the tour. There was something strange about the group and after a while I managed to see what their blazer badges represented, it said Birmingham Submariners Association. I then realised what was strange, all the men were shorter than their wives.