Author Topic: Chester  (Read 3230 times)

copper89

• View Profile
Chester
« on: October 29, 2022, 06:03:48 PM »
Do you think we could pay half price entrance fee seeing as the team only seems to turn up for the second half. Once we're 3 or 4 down. Pitiful.

Prof

• View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 07:20:09 PM »
1. Agree. A woeful and talentless performance for 70-75 minutes.
2. Might have been more enjoyable a spectacle if  IMO the weakest ref we ever get at JCS had enforced a clear penalty (for Boston) and dealt properly and robustly with multiple instances of time-wasting and gamesmanship by a cynical Chester side (right down to obstruction by their big heavy lump of a sub).
3. I am not however asserting that 2 above would have changed the outcome. Defensively we are the worst side I've seen in a long time and the GD stats simply don't lie. Defence is simply not good enough for this level of the game.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 09:06:22 PM »
Very difficult to appraise as there was no lack of effort and the team were applauded off the pitch for that. I feel it’s a combination of the lack of 2 quality players and a team still learning about each other. We so need our captain back as a leader and a defender..

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 10:33:33 PM »
It really is so frustrating seeing basic errors leading to to us being two or three goals down at half time but I have to say I thought our manager made a critical error leaving Mc Lintock on the bench (he admitted so in interview to be fair to him). The team need to be built around this lad who looks to be the complete mid fielder we have craved for so long. I left the ground having been at an all time low at half time but feeling very up beat with the second half performance. Get the defence sorted and I feel we have a chance of getting out of this  awful predicament we find ourselves in. UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
I've had a day to think about it and I know what I want to say. We are now one place above the relegation zone. We have lost 5 out of 7 home games.
This is the time to "circle the wagons" and "load the riflés". The club needs our support now. I am not happy, quite the oppisite.  But I will keep my mouth shut and give Culverhouse the space to earn his money.

UTP

Boston till I die.