Author Topic: Callum Bastock  (Read 3474 times)

Mariner12345

• View Profile
Callum Bastock
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »
Hello BUFC fans, I was just wondering if you can help us GTFC fans with a little bit of information. I see over the past few days we have signed Bastock, son of former United keeper. Has he ever been in your guys set up? If so why did we get him from Boston Town instead of United? And if anyone has seen him play is he as good as what people are saying? I don't think we have paid Boston Town anything for him, but i know we had to loan out our  highly rated youth goal keeper Ashton to them till the end of season so Bastock could start with us straight away. From what I've read on twitter Bastock is the full package, very likely to be the next big thing, can't wait to see him in action! Let me know your thoughts guys!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Callum Bastock
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
From town. from what  see of him he is a very good prospect and over time i think he will do very well

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Hello BUFC fans, I was just wondering if you can help us GTFC fans with a little bit of information. I see over the past few days we have signed Bastock, son of former United keeper. Has he ever been in your guys set up? If so why did we get him from Boston Town instead of United? And if anyone has seen him play is he as good as what people are saying? I don't think we have paid Boston Town anything for him, but i know we had to loan out our  highly rated youth goal keeper Ashton to them till the end of season so Bastock could start with us straight away. From what I've read on twitter Bastock is the full package, very likely to be the next big thing, can't wait to see him in action! Let me know your thoughts guys!

Ashton saved a penalty for Town on Sat and was awarded MOM .
Not seen Bazza jnr play .

Mariner12345

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »
I see Ashton play a couple of times in the FA Youth cup on BP, great presence as well as being a solid keeper. So to hear that doesn't come to a surprise. At the moment we've got two great goal keepers which I can't see leaving the club, so for no fault of his own I could see Ashton moving on at the end of the season. Can't personally see him dropping down to anything below the BSN, he looks a good hand. But these things happen. But everything I've read about Bastock sounds superb, can't wait to see that boy in action hopefully he's better than his dad ;)

black n yella

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »
Off topic here but congratulations on your cup exploits. Best of luck at wembley. You've got two good managers there and none of us are bitter that they fecked off and left us so close to getting back into the conference  :P
All the best

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
Harry Ashton has been released by Grimsby - worth a look as back up next season?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
1ST choice not back up!

Loomerino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:45:59 PM »
I was surprised Callum never got a look-in at York Street - he certainly impressed at Boston Town, who would quite like to keep hold of Harry Ashton if they can!

Good luck to the Mariners in the play-offs!

http://www.bostontownfc.co.uk/index.php?route=article/view&article_id=112

Hands off Harry!
Boston Town are keen to hang on to Harry Ashton

By Simon Ashberry - 1 month ago

Boston Town are keen to hang on to their new goalkeeper.

Grimsby Town youth academy product Harry Ashton has impressed in his two games so far.

He pulled off an improvised first half penalty save on his way to a clean sheet in Saturday's 1-0 win at Peterborough Northern Star.

Joint manager Matt Hocking says the Poachers want to hang on to Ashton for as long as they can - despite interest from clubs at a higher level.

Remarkably, Ashton is the NINTH different player Town have had between the sticks this season.