Author Topic: Today  (Read 8335 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:09 AM »
I thought yesterday was a decent game, Ref had a decent game apart from a few words wouldnt have gone a miss on the way sanders was man handled as soon as he came on,
As for Halifax on that showing im expecting we will be playing them next season as we have seen far better  from BPA and guiseley.
ROSS i felt was the right man for MOM as he stood out a mile not just in our team but on the pitch full stop.

Hard pitch but in truth apart from a couple of defending errors i really didnt think Halifax was any better than us

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
That's exactly my point. They are not much better than us but we clinical in front of goal and solid at the back. Hopefully next season we will be up there.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
Sort our back line out and we aint to far of making that challange if teams like halifax are the play off bench mark

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
We need to sort the front line out as well...there wasn't that big a gap betweeen the two sides yesterday but they finished their chances...we never looked like scoring in open play, too many missed chances once again  :(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
Nothing wrong with the front line apart from a missing target man, Start at the back. Get a good keeper in and a couple of CB then the rest can get forward to support the midfield, Then the midfield can get closer to the front 2 to support them, At the mo players are having to traval that far to support the front 2 by the time they get there the attack as gone

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
When last season's retained list came out I had a feeling we would be looking at a season of mediocrity due to too many missed chances...got the same feeling last week unfortunately  :(
Anyway, in his pre-match interview DG was saying that yesterday's game was the first game that he could try out his preferred 442
with Mills & Fairclough both being available. So we play the first part of the game with no target man but with two wingers who didn't get too many crosses in, then we take off the two wide men and bring on the target man  ??? ??? :-\

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
When last season's retained list came out I had a feeling we would be looking at a season of mediocrity due to too many missed chances...got the same feeling last week unfortunately  :(
Anyway, in his pre-match interview DG was saying that yesterday's game was the first game that he could try out his preferred 442
with Mills & Fairclough both being available. So we play the first part of the game with no target man but with two wingers who didn't get too many crosses in, then we take off the two wide men and bring on the target man  ??? ??? :-\

Gotta try things, Some games no target man and wingers work others they dont, at the mo its about finding what players are good at what and what may or may not work.

Boston have the luxury of not worring to much about the points at the mo and taking more note of what we have and what needs changing

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 08:27:13 AM »

Gotta try things, Some games no target man and wingers work others they dont, at the mo its about finding what players are good at what and what may or may not work.

Boston have the luxury of not worring to much about the points at the mo and taking more note of what we have and what needs changing

Going with pace and no big man was the correct call on Saturday.  Halifax have and will be playing an immense amount of games in the next two weeks so they were tired.  That showed in the first 20 when we penned them in until they sussed us out.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
I'm assuming he'll take the Gainsborough county cup final seriously to make his mind up who's staying and who isn't

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
I'm assuming he'll take the Gainsborough county cup final seriously to make his mind up who's staying and who isn't

I would guess by then he prob know, He will prob play those that aint staying with a few that are to give them a send off.