Author Topic: Skegness United v The Reserves  (Read 4685 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
Skegness United v The Reserves
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
If you can't get to York Street today, why not go and support a Boston United side this afternoon that HAS achieved success this season? The Reserves HAVE reached their League Cup Final and WILL finish in the top half of their table. Today they are playing the new Lincolnshire League Champions, Skegness United at Wainfleet Road Playing Fields, Skegness @ 3pm - bring your wellys though as it will be a bit muddy! Well done Nigel Vince and his team! 'Nuff said! :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Skegness United v The Reserves
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »
United Reserves went down 1-0 to a goal from a first half free-kick at a very windy Wainfleet Road. Despite battling well in the 2nd half, they just couldn't get an equaliser. Nevertheless it was a good run out for Mickey Stones with a welcome return from injury of Jordan Nuttell. Sam Vince was in fine form - again demonstrating the blinkered view of the 1st team management that they have the best players in ALL positions at the club in their particular squad! :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »
The reserves aren't good enough for Conference North.

End of debate.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:56:10 PM »
Norty40 I don't think any of them would get in a decent 1980s Boston Sunday League team.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
KON. You are entitled to your opinion - but (in my opinion! )YOU ARE the most negative and blinkered person on this site!  :bunny

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
Not having a go at the players BB! Just show how the standard of football has dropped over the years!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:09:37 PM »
The reserves are a million miles off the standard of blue square north that's a fact!!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:11 PM »
The defending at York St today was a long way off the standard required to make us competitive next season , and the strikers were not much better...another fact  :'(

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments (a hint of sarcasm). Yes, the Lincolnshire League is 5 levels below Conference North, but there are a number of promising players already talented enough to play in our "first team squad". Sanders, Nuttell, Ogden, Vince, Briers all deserved a chance this season and hopefully will get an opportunity next term. :bunny

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments (a hint of sarcasm). Yes, the Lincolnshire League is 5 levels below Conference North, but there are a number of promising players already talented enough to play in our "first team squad". Sanders, Nuttell, Ogden, Vince, Briers all deserved a chance this season and hopefully will get an opportunity next term. :bunny
Right or wrong I accept your opions!
Please can you find a negative post  from me since DG arrived?
Can you point out any positives from the fitness coach and Drury era?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
Norty40 I don't think any of them would get in a decent 1980s Boston Sunday League team.

Didn't have to look to far!

Anyway, another season will start in 3 months and hopefully this will be a better campaign for all.  :bunny
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:40:48 AM by Burgh Boy »

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
ive watched the reserves sevral times this season and i think Vinno and Aidie Daubney are building some strong foundations for the club. if DG uses the reserves to its full potential next season then things will be better. the reserves shuould not be about winning leagues they shudd be about developing players for the club and allowing the first team to try players and build players match day fitness.

the reserves could not use many first team players last season to build there fitness levels up as Jason Lee made to many players contact signings.

the reserves have there cup final on saturday and the following tuesday have last home game of season so why dont all you who slagg the reserves off go and watch them then decide.

as for fans we should all be getting behind this great club and if Nige Vince and Aidie Daubney are part of the development of our youth we should applaud them, plus there doing it for nowt i imagine and not many of you moaners would give your time up for nothing

im gonna go to the cup final too coz any boston side who beats a lincoln side in a cup final in lincoln deserves some suppourt

good luck the reserves

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »
Do you think Glenn will return if MB stays with the first team?

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »
hope not because he would turn it into a mates thing again and it will be a gloryfied pub team.  ok they may win the lincs league but they wont develop youth for the club,

didnt the reserves beat glenns team 3=0 this season in  a friendly which sleaford requested, that shows the level between the managers, keep what we have got because they have developed lots this season

you probably dont agree  but thats my thoughts

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Agree with you! ;)