Author Topic: Not as good as on tuesday????????????  (Read 8265 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not as good as on tuesday????????????
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
I have to agree with you bostonshire. It's no good going against the manager the problems have been made long before he arrived. I do feel Drury has made too many changes in a short time which has caused the disjointed performances but maybe his hand was forced with the budget cuts?? I just hope we have enough about us to stay up.
Problems have become worse! Why was the budget cut? If GD is not happy about the budget cuts he should publicly state it and he may get some sypathy! Nobody would forgive him if he walked out of the club because of this.Im sure some other club would want him in the lower leagues and a big budget.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
I have to agree with you bostonshire. It's no good going against the manager the problems have been made long before he arrived. I do feel Drury has made too many changes in a short time which has caused the disjointed performances but maybe his hand was forced with the budget cuts?? I just hope we have enough about us to stay up.

What are the problems that you mention Shauneyg ?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »
Come on Shaunyeyg, answer the question, what problems are you talking about?  If you are going to post a statement you have to be prepared to back it up!
United we stand..................

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46:45 PM »
All the signing that GD has made so far look like 'cheaper options' all being from clubs lower down than us

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »
At the forum GD said the budget was big enough to get a team into the play-offs .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
You all were calling for Jason lee to be sacked so the results must of been a problem then or the chairman would not of sacked him. He had 18 months and no progression and fair enough we have moved backwards in the league since Drury came but I'm side given time he will turn it around. We do desperately need a win though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »
You all were calling for Jason lee to be sacked so the results must of been a problem then or the chairman would not of sacked him. He had 18 months and no progression and fair enough we have moved backwards in the league since Drury came but I'm side given time he will turn it around. We do desperately need a win though.

Yes we,ve moved backwards Shauney at a pace since Graham come ,   The players GD is signing do not reflect well on the quality of the contents of his "black book ". Very concerned .   

Ask him in the morning if he his concerned that after 2 months a lot more fans are demanding his sacking than Lee was getting after two years .?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
Yes he is

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 06:02:03 PM »
I agree the signings apart from watt and lister have been average. I think with a clean slate in summer things will be different and the quality of players available will be alot better.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
I agree the signings apart from watt and lister have been average. I think with a clean slate in summer things will be different and the quality of players available will be alot better.

Phew, that's okay then.  :)  I thought for a moment we were in dire straits!  8)

Unbelievable  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:51 PM »

Untrue that we were all calling for Jason Lee to be sacked.  There was a vociferous minority on here calling for his head, but many, like me were hoping that Jason was going to be able to bring in a couple of experienced heads in defence and midfield to solve the inconsistency problem and get us back to keeping clean sheets.  If he had done that we would, at least have had a chance of reaching the play-offs.  His quiet dignity off the pitch and in the dugout was perhaps his downfall, as some mistakenly took this to be a lack of passion, although anyone who saw him play, especially in the away match at Gainsborough last season, would know this was far from the truth.

Once the decision of the Board had been had been made, we the moderates, got behind Graham Drury as he told us his plans for BUFC.  His right hand man, Paul Holden impressed us with his vision, and we got right behind the new setup and the team.  We are still fully behind the team but have grave concerns that none of the plans are being followed and we are now in freefall.  Normally, when a new manager takes over at a club there is a marked improvement, even it is just for the honeymoon period.  We never got that.  Once the playoffs were out of reach we were prepared for a bit of experimentation in preparation for next season, with perhaps an extra loss or two whilst the team adjusted.  I didn't expect to see so many changes of players with no obvious improvement, and am perplexed beyond belief to see so many players being asked to play out of position.

However, I am  a supporter and season ticket holder of BUFC and will be at York Street on Tuesday evening, cheering on the team and fervently hoping for a win and will there again next season, come what may.  I want BUFC to do well so I will support the Directors, manager and the team in the hope all will come good in the end.

Bye the way, I am still trying to be a Happy Clapper, though a bit depressed at present.
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
Shauneyg was that you driving Gresh in the taxi?